What's new

Nick and Weeper Log

Nicked myself with yesterday's shave. My second shave using a GEM (any kind, but using a Featherweight) razor and am still figuring it out. I'll say this much, unlike with a DE, I don't feel the 'bite', just see the blood.

Nicked myself with yesterday's shave. My second shave using a GEM (any kind, but using a Featherweight) razor and am still figuring it out. I'll say this much, unlike with a DE, I don't feel the 'bite', just see the blood.

I almost never cut myself with a DE. Only with a Bic or injectors. Usually the injector cuts are tiny and stop bleeding immediately after the shave.

I almost never cut myself with a DE. Only with a Bic or injectors. Usually the injector cuts are tiny and stop bleeding immediately after the shave.

Same, I never cut myself with a DE, but I have with a DE blade in a shavette style razor. Could be the angle or something else, but the 'bite' felt like a sting. With the SE I don't feel it but I see blood. Never a crazy amount, the alum stops the bleeding. Doesn't even scab over. But they technically are 'nicks' I believe.

Nicks and weepers are highly unusual these days!!

User error is the culprit when bleeding occurs around here. :a13:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I got the underside of my nose yesterday. Something i hadn't done in awhile. I absolutely hate hitting that spot.

Injectors always get my chin, usually a pretty big chunk too. Takes some pressure to stop bleeding. Never with DE's.

Staring at empty pages,
centered 'round the same old plot
Staring at empty pages,
flowing along the ages

-from an old Traffic song

I got a small scratch on my neck. It was the 52nd shave on an Astra SP. I binned the blade after because it was missing too many whiskers.

Thanks, I'll have to check that thread out. The concept is interesting, not sure if I'm going to try to set any records, though.

My last nick was ages ago, weepers occur occasionally from “overshaving” or an uncharted blemish...

I get a weeper now and again being careless around a scarred area by my mouth, and another area on my neck. Haven’t had a cut or nick since I tried using my Blackbird after imbibing a bit too much...
And it was a good one. Lol

I got a small scratch on my neck. It was the 52nd shave on an Astra SP. I binned the blade after because it was missing too many whiskers.

I was wondering when that blade was going to give out. I have a blade in my DE in the 20s and I got a rough shave last shave. But it could've 100% been me, so I'm going to push it another shave in the future and see how it holds up. I'm currently working a GEM Super Stainless up there though, so it'll be a while. It's barely on shave number 3.

Hardly ever get nicks and weepers. I see no point in charting rare occurrences where technique slips or the shave is rushed.

Slight nicks today with Merkur Progress setting one. I blame myself for using the same Bluebeards Revenge scimitar blade for a second time. Supposedly they are Personna blades. Also had a rather well grown 4-5 day stubble of coarse hair

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Cut the back of my neck today; so wrong!

Wife was critical of haircut growing out ... I have no time for a trim, so tried shaving a blind spot.

Ay, el dolor!

Never change your routine...

AA

If it isn't bleeding or oozing when I finish my shave, it never happened. As we all know DE blades shave so well, we may be shaving off a scab's crust.

Top Bottom