What's new

Nice smelling shaving cream

Is there any point in a shaving soap or cream with a fragrance, such as Taylor of Old Bond Street's, if it is about to be shaved off?

Is there any point in a shaving soap or cream with a fragrance, such as Taylor of Old Bond Street's, if it is about to be shaved off?
As mentioned above, it depends on if your using the soap/cream as part of an experience or if you're just trying to get your shave done and out of the way. I was originally drawn to wets shaving for the luxury appeal and perceived cost savings(BOY WAS I WRONG), but I stayed for the variety and fun. Again it depends on the guy, but for me a great STRONG scent is preferred(I have a weak sense of smell since COVID). If you just want to knock out your shave and want to smell good on the back side of the shave, that's what the aftershave and EdP are for. :cool:
Some dissipate quickly, others last. Stirling Varen seems to keep on giving hours after shaving. It is a strong distinctive fragrance so perhaps that is why?
This is a heck of a scent! I love it very much! The bath soap is in my den as well as the shaving soap and aftershave.

For me it’s a must after those early years of boring shaving foams/girls, which all seemed to have that same sort of fragrance. I’d hit upon Original Source’s tea tree and mint shaving gel, which was then rebranded “Black Mint” if I recall, because the scent was different to most. Then I discovered all these different options out there for shaving creams and soaps.
It enhances the experience for me.

Try some Stirling Barbershop. The scent has some fats that are with you for a few hours. It's not aftershave, it is the soap smell that stays.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The pleasure lies in smelling the nice scent, not in the duration of it. If duration is a must, then a matching aftershave or cologne would work.
One might well ask "Is there a point in tasting a chocolate truffle if you're just about to swallow it?"

Top Bottom