What's new

Nice site for outdoor gear

I just found an interesting site for outdoor gear: steepandcheap.com

They feature one discounted item at a time for about half and hour then move on to the next item. You kind of get hooked checking out the page for new listings (great, another web sink!).What I like about this online discounter:

* They have an iPhone app
* They have decent sizes for clothing. Often I go to online discounters and all they are selling is extra-small, extra-large or weird colors. These folks post a decent range of sizes and colors.
* They claim deep discounts but it's based off manufacturer's retail price (standard procedure). I have done web searches to price compare items I'm interested in and every item I've researched is truly being posted at the lowest price I can find on the internets, in some cases by only a few bucks but in some cases, downright steals.

I have no affiliation with these folks. I have only purchased one item to date and the service was good but not a lot of data points to offer y'all. As always - buyer beware.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm always on the lookout for great deals on outdoor gear. And I won't be tempted to buy ten things at once!

Sierra Trading Post used to fill that niche for me, but they're not the clearinghouse they used to be.
Their selection has gone up, but so has their prices.

There's a Fenix PD10 with the R5 emitter on there right now for $28. That's a nice price.

Even with the $6 shipping it's a great deal.

S&C is a great site with some awesome deals. I can't tell you how many times I just miss something though.

Top Bottom