What's new

Nice package from Wullie

Thank you Wullie! I'm gonna try the straight tomorrow! Don't have any of these items so this will be fun. This will be my second go with the a straight. My other straight just doesn't seem sharp enough from what others have told me and I don't have any stones to sharpen it. Going to brush up on stropping and holding it. Don't want to screw it up.

The synthetic brush feels much softer than I thought a synthetic brush would feel. Also my first Omega. Strop is in good shape. GEM is in user grade, which is fine by me as I'm a user, not a collector. It sticks when opening a bit but I can fix that.
$03-18-13_1401.jpg

You're quite welcome. I'm just the middle man in this deal. ;) I had some help from a good member here in the forum as well.

I think that old PEERLESS will make you a good razor.

ENJOY!

Willie

This straight definitely felt sharper than the other one I have. No BBS as I was in a hurry, shoulders very sore and standing on one foot. With all that it was hard to stretch the skin correctly. Only nicked myself twice and not bad ones at that. It felt a lot smoother on my neck and I suffered no irritation either. On the cheeks I did 3 wtg passes and on the neck I did 3 XTG passes as my hair there goes left to right/right to left and I didn't know how to shave WTG there. I really need to go watch some videos, especially before I strop it. Don't want to screw this up.

I used the Omega synthetic brush today also. Compared to a vintage nylon brush I have, I find this softer and more comfortable to work with. I do believe I have a new traveling companion!
$03-19-13_1557.jpg

Amazing what a sharp razor will do. LOL I shaved with that thing and it did a fine job for me once it got over being stupid on the hones. Watch the vids, take your time learning, and enjoy yourself.

As for shaving on one foot? I know you don't any choice about that, but I salute you. ;)

W

Normally I shave on two, but the prosthesis wasn't fitting too great at the moment. Got it all worked out now.

Top Bottom