What's new

Nice open comb 501 *bay

I have been shaving quite often recently with a New model razor that was a tag along with a winning bid.
I have had some amazing shaves with it. I have been keeping an eye out for one in better shape, This one is sweet.

(no bidding against me now) :biggrin:

Open comb

Very nice indeed.

I hope you mad the right chice pointing it out to everyone here, unless it's your razor in the first place and you're punting for bids. :wink2:

Jonnybc said:
Very nice indeed.

I hope you mad the right chice pointing it out to everyone here, unless it's your razor in the first place and you're punting for bids. :wink2:

So I am Cunning or stupid.

I've made the mistake of posting ebay auctions I am interested in on other forums before, all I can say is be careful! 6 days is a long time for the auction to run. Seeing as there are no bids on the item at the moment, have you thought about contacting the seller to arrange a sale. I have asked about this practice before, and although I received some mixed responses, the general consensus was that it was okay as long as there were no other bidders. Whatever you decide to do good luck.

For the record-

Its not my listing.

I had no intention of bidding on it.

The older model razors do not get as much exposure as the newer ones, it is well photographed and displayed as an type example.

The B&B was one of the most respectful and gentlemanly boards on the web.

It is a nice example of that razor to be sure.

My gentlemanly side would have respected your wishes anyway, but a way more powerful force (SWMBO) woul dhave prevented me from bidding regardless, even if I was a scoundrel.

Good luck.

By the way, I have really just started noticing more open comb razors, and I was wondering what blade you use in them. Does it actually expose more blade? Does the comb still feel comfortable gliding against the skin?

My physics tells me that less surface area would mean less friction, but it also tells me that fewer point of contact mean more contact pressure per unit area, so I am not sure what to think of these.

Peace,

Pierre

The NEW's are great razors, and their style of comb gives the nicest shaves of any three-piece razor I've tried. However, that particular razor is by no means the best of class so personally I think the price is already on the high side.
I'll post some photo's of what I consider are desirable NEW designs sometime soon, maybe this weekend.

Regards
John

yasuo200365 said:
The NEW's are great razors, and their style of comb gives the nicest shaves of any three-piece razor I've tried. However, that particular razor is by no means the best of class so personally I think the price is already on the high side.
I'll post some photo's of what I consider are desirable NEW designs sometime soon, maybe this weekend.

Regards
John

John
You would leave a brother hanging? come on give us a hint!

Top Bottom