What's new

NICE Flashlight deal

Being far from an expert and at the risk of starting a disagreement......I have learned afew things over the years as a flashlight geek. No matter how many lumens the emitters have the cone and reflector have physical limits on performance.

An analogy might be putting a super high horsepower engine in a go cart...

In these small EDC lights 100 to 200 lumens are optimal for their size.

Being far from an expert and at the risk of starting a disagreement......I have learned afew things over the years as a flashlight geek. No matter how many lumens the emitters have the cone and reflector have physical limits on performance.

An analogy might be putting a super high horsepower engine in a go cart...

In these small EDC lights 100 to 200 lumens are optimal for their size.
Yes , that's when you learn turbo is only momentary in some. Others the heat sink effect of a larger head helps. I have a small thrower for spot light work. An edc, a more of a field edc and then an Astrolux mf01s for a huge pop can fun light lol. I like the Zebralight for its ability for low lumens .

Ordered this but never received-never order from Gear Beast again
Same for me... Wrote them an email and they told me the response was tremendous and they sold out in a few days. They also offered an immediate refund or I could wait for the new batch, which I opted for. It's a great deal, so I can wait...

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Thanks to you, Malocchio, I caught the flashlight bug. While impressed by the FiTorch P25, I needed something a bit more modest. Ended up with a ThruNite T1, which does exactly what I need, and is reasonably pocketable.

Again, thanks for planting the high-performance flashlight bug. Now to come up with reasons to buy a P25 . . .

i have just stuck with my trusty little tly-006... i have a lot of batteries for them salvaged from old laptop battery packs. just an fyi when the battery on your laptop goes bad it is usually just 1 cell that has gone bad so instead of throwing the whole thing away you can open the battery pack and remove the batteries from inside then using a multi-meter find the bad cell and dispose of it and then keep the rest of the batteries for flashlights or whatever uses 18650 batteries.

Thanks to you, Malocchio, I caught the flashlight bug. While impressed by the FiTorch P25, I needed something a bit more modest. Ended up with a ThruNite T1, which does exactly what I need, and is reasonably pocketable.

Again, thanks for planting the high-performance flashlight bug. Now to come up with reasons to buy a P25 . . .
Having a few good flashlights charged and ready to go is a good thing.I also have a ThruNite Catapult V6, a good reliable brand . . I carry a lithium torch with me at night, but keep a AA torch in the car at all times, with no worries about heat... Recently bought a Gryfalcon charger, works great!..... You can get good info and advice from budgetlightforum.com ....

As far as flashlights I use a 700 lumen Milwaukee and a 1100 lumen ThruNite TC12 v2. Next up for me is one of these little guys

proxy.php

That's a beauty. Bit pricey, but if it holds up worth every penny.

Hhave two hold ups on it. The only option is cool white. Prefer light output be neutral white. Also it uses a proprietary magnetic USB charger.

I'm just a sucker for gadgets. I don't know why I'd need a pocket size 1000 lumen light.

As far as flashlights I use a 700 lumen Milwaukee and a 1100 lumen ThruNite TC12 v2. Next up for me is one of these little guys

proxy.php
These 16340 batteries don't last long, especially if you use the turbo a few times. A drop to 300 lumens after 90 seconds is a big drop, I think you can find something that does not drop quite as low...They make very small lights now that take a 26650 battery , a long lasting powerhouse....The HaikelightSC26 is a little larger , but still rests nicely in a pants pocket......... Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed. | BudgetLightForum.com - http://budgetlightforum.com/node/58787

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hhave two hold ups on it. The only option is cool white. Prefer light output be neutral white. Also it uses a proprietary magnetic USB charger.

I'm just a sucker for gadgets. I don't know why I'd need a pocket size 1000 lumen light.
I as well am a sucker for gadgets! I actually recently purchased a man bag because I no longer have enough pocket space. Haven't started using the bag yet, but I know that I will some day. It's an "Ameribag" I got used off the Bay.

Top Bottom