What's new

nice color car

Was at the Home Depot a little while ago and saw a T bird almost the same color as the R

proxy.php

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Cool cars that era T-bird. I dont see too many around. And I dont think I've ever seen one in that color.

BTW, I currently dont have one, but I am a fan of Volvo cars. I had a '72 142E that I raced ITB class. Similar to this but not as fancy...

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 4.29.03 PM.png

BTW, I currently dont have one, but I am a fan of Volvo cars. I had a '72 142E that I raced ITB class. Similar to this but not as fancy...

The R is stuffed full of IPD goodies.

I tried to keep it uber stock on the outside and wicked crazy where it counts.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
They used to say any color as long as it's black.

Nowadays they should say any color as long as it isn't Honda's energy green.

proxy.php

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Dave Letterman has a red volvo wagon built by paul newman
Its featured in the comedian in cars episode with dave. Worth a look

They used to say any color as long as it's black.

When SWMBO was looking for an R and came to the realization that she might have to settle for something other than her 1st choice she went for ASCOB. surprising how many people don't know what that means.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Parked just like I would expect someone driving that car to park. I do like the colors though.

Nice. But who taught the T-bird driver how to park?

Based on the photo (hard to be absolutely sure), I don't think Volvo driver did a whole lot better with his parking. :D :D :D (not pointing any fingers here @Mick - or... am I ?? LOL )

BTW, that color suits Volvo a lot better IMHO.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I had a 240 d l in the 1980s
accordingly and as such i hope to never step foot in a volvo ever again
;)
Ymmv
of course

fill up the oil. and check the gas
:(

;)
Ymmv
of course

Bad experience eh ?

I can't say I know for a fact that current models are great to drive or great quality, as I haven't driven one in about 3+ years. New V90 though is one of the nicest looking vehicles on the market today in my opinion, with current model of XC90 not far behind. Interiors are just stunning good looking - subjective of course.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Bad experience eh ?

I can't say I know for a fact that current models are great to drive or great quality, as I haven't driven one in about 3+ years. New V90 though is one of the nicest looking vehicles on the market today in my opinion, with current model of XC90 not far behind. Interiors are just stunning good looking - subjective of course.
Yes bad!
i hold grudges obviously
:)
You know it is going to be an old codger.

It was gone by the time I got out.

At least he didn't leave his shopping cart in the middle of the lot
Or did he?
Dont ya love that

I thought that was a fairly standard color for it when the first reintroduced the T-bird. Search Google images for "thunderbird car." Arguably it is sort of a reference, albeit modernized and metallic, to a color a lot of the original T-birds came in. Same source.

Nice color. Cool of Ford to reintroduce the T-bird when it did. I do not think it worked out for it that well though.

;)
Ymmv
of course

fill up the oil. and check the gas
:(

We still have the 245GT we bought new in1980.

Still going strong.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I saw this at MY Home Depot a few months back! For some reason I got a hankering for a hot dog that afternoon...
IMG_0942.JPG

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
When SWMBO was looking for an R and came to the realization that she might have to settle for something other than her 1st choice she went for ASCOB. surprising how many people don't know what that means.

Asparagus cob dip? I don't even know what R is.

Top Bottom