What's new

NFL 2018

Don't know who Rob Parker is. I overcame the temporary insanity of rooting for the Chargers, hah. I was skeptical they'd make it out of Foxborough and they didn't. Tough place to play. Also skeptical the Patriots will make it out of Kansas City. Maybe Belichick will pull another rabbit out of his hat, wouldn't be the first time. But it definitely won't be like paying at Foxborough and the Patriots barely beat the Chiefs there last game.
Shouldn't be skeptical. Exactly like playing in Foxborough. Here is the rabbit!

Shouldn't be skeptical. Exactly like playing in Foxborough. Here is the rabbit!
That's not the rabbit.

That's the team lucky enough to win the coin toss scoring, as I think either team would have done.

The rabbit was the game plan and ability to adjust immediately. The Patriots coaching / game planning is pretty impressive. And the players execute it well, of course, or they won't be there long.

Game decided by luck, who won the coin toss? Can't conclude that had the Chiefs won the coin toss they would have scored a touchdown. How did it work out for Brees and the Saints? Won the coin toss and turned the football over.

Games are decided by luck / inconsistent refereeing all the time. But typically only when the teams are very evenly matched, which I feel these are. Obviously it can't be proved, just my opinion. Congrats on your Pats winning. Very impressive how consistently good the organization is.
Game decided by luck, who won the coin toss? Can't conclude that had the Chiefs won the coin toss they would have scored a touchdown. How did it work out for Brees and the Saints? Won the coin toss and turned the football over.

Chiefs had 3 opportunities to stop the Patriots 3rd and long in OT. Defense couldn't make a play to get the ball back. Just like the opportunity the Steelers had against the Broncos.

Chiefs had 3 opportunities to stop the Patriots 3rd and long in OT. Defense couldn't make a play to get the ball back. Just like the opportunity the Steelers had against the Broncos.

Chiefs defense was ranked 31 overall this year. That was something that got overlooked because they won games anyway due to their explosive offense. I would also give New England's defense credit. Chiefs really didn't get the offense going.

Of course, if that fool didn't line up off-side the game ends with the Chiefs intercepting a Brady pass to secure the win.

You might think that Belichick may be a proponent of the current OT rules, considering having a 3-0 playoff record in the playoffs. Not so. As far back as 2007 he has advocated for a timed overtime period.

Belichick supports timed overtime

He also has been an advocated for coaches challenging any call.

Bill Belichick has long advocated for making everything reviewable
I think Belichick ruthlessly plays to win under the current rules, whatever they are. That's why fans love the Pats and everyone else, ummm, disagrees. ;-D

The Chiefs defense hasn't been good all year. But they usually scored enough to overcome it.

I think Belichick ruthlessly plays to win under the current rules, whatever they are. That's why fans love the Pats and everyone else, ummm, disagrees. ;-D

If NFL owners could lure away BB or hire another like him (Saban) they would beat a path to his door and give him a blank check. 27 NFL teams that would hire BB or Saban in a minute. Bet that Elway hopes that his new coach is more like BB or Saban than Vance Joseph. Mike Shanahan was very successful in Denver and pretty similar to BB in coaching style as was Coughlin.

If NFL owners could lure away BB or hire another like him (Saban) they would beat a path to his door and give him a blank check. 27 NFL teams that would hire BB or Saban in a minute. Bet that Elway hopes that his new coach is more like BB or Saban than Vance Joseph. Mike Shanahan was very successful in Denver and pretty similar to BB in coaching style as was Coughlin.
Don't remind me about Tom. Reese builds a crappy team and the Giants force Tom out and keep Reese for another couple of years. Idiots.

Chiefs defense was ranked 31 overall this year. That was something that got overlooked because they won games anyway due to their explosive offense. I would also give New England's defense credit. Chiefs really didn't get the offense going.
The second half the cheifs offense did great. That mahomes is something special. Future hall of famer if he stays healthy.

I won't defend Vance Joseph.

Elway and Kubiak both sometimes chose folks on criteria other than results which can definitely bite you in the comparative NFL world. The fact that Kubiak moved on surprised me and indicates to me that maybe Elway learned a lesson there.

Belichick is so much about winning that he goes farther than others, pushes the envelope. Some dislike that on principle, some out of jealously that they didn't think of it.

Obviously the Broncos were looking for some of that when they brought in McDaniels. Didn't work out because McDaniels brought that "push it over the line" approach with him that ultimately put him at odds with ownership. As I look back on his time here, I'm starting to realize that it wasn't all bad. It's just hard to overcome my opinions about the Patriot way hah.

Top Bottom