What's new

NFL 2018

The J-E-T-E Jets!...Jets!...Jets! Really!
Well, it was a coin toss between them and Buffalo.
And I'm not a New England hater. I was cheering for them in the Super Bowls against Seattle and Atlanta. I just get tired of seeing the same teams in the playoffs every year.

Elway fell in love with big arm prospects with flaws in "Lurch" Osweiler and "Ichabod" Lynch. Neither could develop the ability to pre snap read or go thru progressions after the snap. Each were inaccurate and couldn't correct flaws in their footwork and throwing motions. Siemian just didn't have the talent to be a starter I the NFL. It's another year with a new set of candidates.
Osweiler did OK but he got greedy. Siemian was good but turned out not starter good. I'm sure the Broncos will give Lynch every chance they can, crowd boos or not. They've already paid Lynch the bulk of his contract money up front so why not. I suppose it's possible he could turn it around but seeming more unlikely all the time. On the other hand, it's sure fun to watch "Mr. Irrelevant" Chad Kelly playing good his heart out. I guess heart isn't necessarily an easy thing to measure.

Osweiler thought Elway/Kubiak screwed him around and didn't give him a chance. Manning didn't help the situation. Osweiler was supposed to go into a game and Manning refused to come out. Manning was trying to hold on to his position with declining health/skill. Osweiler sulked on the sideline. Osweiler would have left for the opportunity at Houston for the Bronco offer or less. He was just done in Denver. As it turned out he had no talent and demonstrated such with the Texans. Osweiler refused to go into a game when the starter got hurt in Houston and had a blowup with O'Brien. Osweiler and Lynch both seem like entitled players without talent.

Perfect spirals slicing thru the wind against Notre Dame don't necessarily make it in the NFL, no matter what Michael Vick thinks. (He must be on drugs again.) Siemian was a below average quarterback with an average offensive line. Siemian at least didn't act like an entitled player. I think he knows his limitations, unlike Osweiler and Lynch.

As far as Kelly is concerned, he may be good, but who knows. Can't tell much in pre season games. Teams are playing Sonny Car Wash all stars, vanilla defenses and not scheming. All anybody knows is he is passing a very low hurdle so far, something Lynch won't ever do. Time will tell.

Sorry, not watching until they quit kneeling! Just me, but you can watch if you wish. You have the right to do so as I have the right not to.

Only because I live in Texas, my favorite would have been the Cowboys.

With Respect,
Mike

I don't really know that much about the osweiller deals. I've heard the rumors to but with those and $1 you can buy a cup of coffee, at some places anyway hah. I know he cashed in but ultimately wasn't good for him or the Broncos. Well, depending on how you keep score, he did pocket a lot of cash.

And yes you can't really tell much about Kelly from preseason games. But you can see the competitive instinct which is nice to see. I guess we'll see a lot of Lynch in the last preseason game. He has at least the one last chance to show something. If he survives the game, those #4 preseason games can be pretty tough. Last chance for so many guys with little to nothing to lose.

As for kneeling, it's a free country and it's only a few. I'm not ready to give up on football for it. But again, it's a free country so folks can choose to not watch if they wish.

Signs of life in Paxton Lynch. Who'da thunk it? Might not save him but nice to see life in his face, and his play, maybe for the first time since coming to Denver.

Lynch era (error) officially over in Denver. Kevin Hogan era begins!

Somehow as I typed this, I am not certain the Lynch era is over. Who would ever believe that there would be an Osweiler return? You never know.

Naw. Lynch is gone. Probably for the best. Lynch went out on a high note doing well with a simplified game plan for the fourth preseason game. Yes, Kevin Hogan is now a Bronco, as third string QB. Naming an era after a third string QB seems a stretch hah.

I'm also a former lifelong Cowboys fan although I really never got over how Jerry Jones treated Tom Laundry. I gradually became a Broncos fan after moving to Denver. Never really turned against the Cowboys but never really forgave Jerry either.

Rough start to the game but Eagles looking better already. Falcons look decent too.
Expecting big things this year for the Super Bowl Champions.

E1345D01-B406-4C6B-B9BB-899D0DE6E5C8.jpeg

4 minutes of good football in that one. They will need to retire those penalty flags, threadbare. More penalties than points.

Eagles need Wentz and the Falcons another offensive coordinator.

Broncos won ugly, at least in terms of interceptions. But there was a lot to feel good about. Run game, defense, special teams play, clock management. There was some good patient passing and resulting scoring. But after all the talk of Keenum protecting the ball, those interceptions were a real gut check.

Last edited:
Who else but Aaron Rodgers could've done what he did yesterday? That was something.

Tyreek Hill was pretty impressive to.

Who else impressed?

Trolling. Last TD was a gift, but Rodgers was certainly impressive!

Bills were down 35-3 in the second half of a PLAYOFF game. Reich, backup QB to Jim Kelly, was forced into the game. He brought them back to tie the game and the Bills won in OT.

28-3 in a SB comes to mind.

Top Bottom