What's new

Next "tough" guy to play Dirty Harry or Gladiator?

Egads. And I am sorry but Ed Norton?!!! Sorry guys, go find 1986's Manhunter and watch William Peterson in the lead.
Regards, Todd

Norton is for my money one of the best actors about. Remember when these guys are on screen they are acting, you don't need to be a nutcase in real life in order to portray one on screen. Norton's performances in American History X and Fight club were superb.

Jon Cusack has an ability to portray a bit of a 'tough guy' thing (Thin Red Line, Grosse Point Blank) but remain credible and human, and also do straight dramas, romcoms etc.

Hopefully Colin Farrell will get a good role soon.

Vinnie Jones and Vin Diesel I would consider one dimensional, one trick ponies and severely limited in terms of acting ability. Cartoon he-men. They just ain't my cup of tea.

How is Russell Crowe considered "old school" and Clive Owen considered a "fresh face" when Clive Owen is older than Russell Crowe?

I like Karl Urban, I don't think of him as a pretty boy. He was Eomer in Lord of the Rings, the nephew of Theoden of Rohan. He was also in Doom and that stupid movie Ghost Ship, which I liked even though it was a kind of cheesy B horror flick. I haven't seen him in any pansy roles, I think given the opportunity, he could play a good tough guy. I think he's still kind of a "that guy" at this point.

http://www.listal.com/actors/tough+guy

Karl Urban is a pretty good badguy.
The Special Police Russian assassin in the Bourne movie.
Vaako in The Chronicles of Riddick.
and Bones in Star Trek :w00t: (have not seen it yet, but soon!)

OK, Bones as a bad guy is a bit of a stretch, but certainly a pain in the ***.

Don't mean to dredge up old posts, but I just thought of someone for this thread (and I don't see him already mentioned):

Henry Rollins

If he's not a tough-guy, I don't know who is...

Don't mean to dredge up old posts, but I just thought of someone for this thread (and I don't see him already mentioned):

Henry Rollins

If he's not a tough-guy, I don't know who is...

Man, in his Prime and in prime condition Rollins really could have been a great tough guy!

Top Bottom