What's new

Next shaving brush project.....

Fellas,
Here is a excerpt from a email I got from Bernd....

Please let me say that I had no
problems with my wood brushes before. Otherwise I would not had agreed
to make the SMF bush out of wood. I know that the public character of a
forum can help very much but also can be very bad for a business if the
discussion is negative. I was in no doubt that everything will went well
and I am a bit appalled that some problems appeared. I want to assure
you that I will do all to solve problems. No one should think I have
made just a fast money and delivered a poor products. I love my work and
I want do it in the best way. Making fine products is my first goal.

If you plan an new project in the forum, I am here and ready to work.

I have FULL confidence in this mans products and service - and he has proven to put out an INCREDIBLE product at an incredible price - AND take care of his clients.

Guess what.... I am going to begin the planning of the next forum brush - starting this Wednesday. It will be a stainless steel (possibly titanium - will have to be discussed a bit) travel brush. I will also be researching some custom British Military Style Dopp bags (I purchased one on ebay to get some hands on experience with - and figure out the basics) that will fit perfectly with the custom brush - and have the custom labeling - etc. Not much is said about travel kits, brushes etc - however few things are more regal that being able to take your passion with you on the fly... not to mention, the travel equipment is just plain gorgeous.

As always - I'd love to hear your suggestions, ideas etc. Just to make things run a bit smoother though - I am going to take a bit more control on this one - and have us take our time and do every facet of this sucker PERFECT - perfect size, shape, design, etc etc.

:biggrin:

Yes I agree with austin about the turnback...............as far as the dopp kit goes is this the roll up kind? As far as the brush's finish.....titanium would be very nice and if not that a satin finish...not highly polished so as to not show water spots and what not.

gage0921 said:
Yes I agree with austin about the turnback...............as far as the dopp kit goes is this the roll up kind? As far as the brush's finish.....titanium would be very nice and if not that a satin finish...not highly polished so as to not show water spots and what not.
Hear, hear!
Personally, brushed stainless with the right pedigree is reasonable and attractive. Any ideas on decorative markings? Big B&B maybe in a circle?
Maybe a matching long-handled slantbar?

What exciting news. I love my custom brush from Shavemac and can't wait to have another in my shaving den! Brushed stainless would match my Vision nicely!

Initially I was thinking about having the B&B badger head and logo on the end cap and botto of the brush, and have a stain or brushed finish titanium tube (turnback) with a decoraive brass panel in the middle center to engrave.... somethign to that effect.

Here is the basic turnback "screw" design I am looking at using.

proxy.php

I prefer this model to the Kent/Vulfix/Simpson turnbacks as it does not have that hideous stem popping out of the back. I will be sure to get a hold of a shavemac turn back, as well as a vulfix or simpson so that I can compare and contrast the designs and make sure whatever we go with is sleekest, most efficacious, and best looking.

I think a regular beautiful brush with a beautiful (travel) case would be a better idea. It serves the purpose of a regular brush and you have a nice sturdy case to take it along with you while traveling. It would be a dual purpose brush. This is my suggestion. :smile:

roughrider said:
I think a regular beautiful brush with a beautiful (travel) case would be a better idea. It serves the purpose of a regular brush and you have a nice sturdy case to take it along with you while traveling. It would be a dual purpose brush. This is my suggestion. :smile:

I second that. Travel brush doesnt really appeal to me.

Not even remotely close to that point yet.... I am going to research all sorts of materials, etc etc and see what I can come up with.... I am thinking it would be awful neat to have the titanium tube slide into a calfskin protective snap case.... that would be awful classy. Maybe have a matching case for a razor...... the possibilities are endless.

Not to break your balls but when you say dopp kit are you reffering to a roll up? That would be cool with the B&B logo branded in the leather.

A british military style dopp kit - similar to this...

proxy.php

proxy.php

They sort of "fold" up not really "roll" per se, but I think you get the general idea. They are REALLY, REALLY nice, my favorite toiletry bags for sure. Very classy, elegant and manly!

Man I cant wait..................My vote goes for the black since we are using a titanium or stainless..............I really like that aligator look :w00t:

Joel and Sean,
:em2100: Have either of you seen the safari-style kit bags? They are made to hang on a tree or hook, with their own mirror etc.. Neat style and for the lodger that doesn't always stay in a hotel or motel, very handy. But, for anyone looking for a Dopp kit, I have so darned many from well-meant gifts over the years, that I should start selling them...

guenron said:
Joel and Sean,
:em2100: Have either of you seen the safari-style kit bags? They are made to hang on a tree or hook, with their own mirror etc.. Neat style and for the lodger that doesn't always stay in a hotel or motel, very handy. But, for anyone looking for a Dopp kit, I have so darned many from well-meant gifts over the years, that I should start selling them...

I have something similar to one of those for my sea duty rendevous

Ron,
That pack shown can be hung from its buckle (which I do). The mirror is a superb idea... .might be awful cool!

R

roberev

Ti v. Stainless:

I have a Seiko diver's watch with a Ti case and link bracelet. I find that the Ti surface scratches much more easily than my stainless watches. While Ti is nice and can be polished, I know that I won't buy another Ti watch simply because it requires more attention.

Please take this into consideration when deciding between the two materials for the new forum brush.

Rob

Top Bottom