What's new

Next aftershave?

I use Speick (amazing) mostly, which I alternate with Pinoud clubman. I also throw in dabs of Lucky Tiger, and always finish with Nivea Sensitive.

Recommend a new aftershave to try! Not into anything greasy, and don't like a super clingy scent (Clubman is probably my limit, it tends to linger). Also not trying to spend $50 on a little bottle. Thanks!

Alt Innsbruck tobacco flower, with menthol. A nice European classic.

If you like Spieck try some of the green Pitralon (German version I think).

Myrsol F/Extra similar family as Clubman Original

Based on those preferences I would avoid Alt Innsbruck. I love the stuff, but it is strong and lingers almost as long as Clubman, at least on my skin.

Have you tried 4711? Citrusy and fleeting, decent skin care.

Or try any scent from St Charles Shave — they offer samples.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 149
Yes, yes try the Fine line. Or if you haven't picked up the classics get some Aqua Velva or English Leather or even that mainstay Old Spice.
English Leather may be a little clingy to you though, but for the price, nice to try.

I started to make my own. It has 1/4 cup of witch hazel, 1/4 cup of pure Aloe Vera gel, 2 tablespoons of glycerin, 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil, and 7 drops of lime EO. Very light. Not overpowering scent, feels great, really cool, and best of all it is super cheap.

Shawn

If you haven't already, then try Aqua Velva "Ice Blue" and Barbasol "Brisk". Both are very classic old aftershaves. They've been around for decades for a reason.

Thanks everybody! I'll head to Mertz soon and see if they carry fine...otherwise, I tried Tabac while visiting my dad and realized I love the scent. May go that way.

Folsom lineup, got Black Powder and Capri so far. To me the scent and skin feel beats the Fine offers .

Try some of the Myrsol product line. All are quality products and none are 'overpowering'. Get samples first though. Personally, I love the Blue, F/Extra and (for the healing properties more than the scent) Metilsol. I like the Balsamica too but I found the Myrsol Limon to be no better than any average citrusy scent. I hear Antesol is also very good. Of the rest, I have only tried Formula C which I did NOT like and which I think smells like I imagine Pinaud Veg to smell.

Lilac Vegetal, Pinaud eau de Portugal, clubman Vanilla, Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva, Hoyts Colgne and Osage Rub for a thrill!

Good Luck

Top Bottom