What's new

Newcomer but old wet shaver

Hi All!
Just thought I would quickly introduce myself...
I have been a wet shaver since the early 80’s when I joined the Swedish army since it was easier to use a razor in the field (was later in the reserve).
I have been keeping an eye on this forum for several years and decided it was time to join, perhaps also share some experiences eith different products since after all these years I have found my perfect setup/routine in shaving.
Real name is Anders (not uncle yet :001_smile)
Cheers from Sweden!

Welcome to B&B. Please tell us about any good Swedish shaving products you know of. I've found very few when I've visited the country, but perhaps I was looking in the wrong places.

Welcome to B&B. Please tell us about any good Swedish shaving products you know of. I've found very few when I've visited the country, but perhaps I was looking in the wrong places.
Thanks!
I think the ”Benjamin Barber” line is very nice, you can get them from www.gents.se
You must try the ”Black Oak” series, with truly amazing scent.
I always get compliments when wearing that, especially the after shave balm in small pump bottle.
My wife always says ”ahhh” when I put that on :001_rolle

Welcome Anders, I too joined the military - Canadian Army and Navy. No wet shaving though. Carts usually until I grew a beard. We shaving started almost 6 months ago. What razors are you using?
Steve

Welcome Anders, I too joined the military - Canadian Army and Navy. No wet shaving though. Carts usually until I grew a beard. We shaving started almost 6 months ago. What razors are you using?
Steve
Hi steve,
Thanks!
I have used many different safety razors over the years, mainly some vintage Gillette in the beg. that I inhereted (can’t remener which models, think it was the Fatboy), but then during weekends have for many years used a Boker straight razor when I can take it slowly :001_cool:
I have sensitive skin in the neck area and have always struggled to find a perfect combination and have over the years tried just about every soap and aftershave/balm I have come across. I have tried Tabac soap, Mitchells Fat, Lea, La Toja etc etc.
I now use Edwin Jagger DE89, Rockwell 6S and a Feather Stainless razor as my go to razors (6S favourite)
I got a puck of Edwin Jagger soap (Limes/Pomegranate) as a gift last year but didn’t try it until just recently and found it is the best soap I have used, really slick lather and very nice post shave feel. This, together with L’occitane Cade preshave oil and La Toja aftershave (perhaps because of the salt/mineral content) gives the absolute smoothest shave and best post feeling for me with zero problems.
I also use L’occitane Cade AS balm mostly, after the La Toja AS.
This setup works absolutely best for me and I can recommend this for beginners also (after wet shaving for more than 30 years and trying just about everything), for someone looking for the best non-irritating setup.

Last edited:
Welcome Anders! Damn . . . there's another scent/soap I want to try, Lime/Pomegranate.
Sorry and thanks!
Apart from Edwin Jagger being the best soap I have tried so far, that L/P scent is the nicest soap scent I have had in any soap also.
Of course, YNMV (your nose may vary)

Top Bottom