What's new

Newbies, show off your gear!

6 weeks in I've acquired more than I need although I'm feeling almost ready to devote myself to one razor-blade-soap-brush set up for the month of July to really nail down my technique. I have to shave daily so been trying out a lot but trying to keep the variations minimal (change blades for a week, change razor for a week, etc). Picked up a travel kit ('64 Travel Tech) since I travel for work so threw that in here too. Anyway a few shots since my sink is pretty small and I don't have a shelf!

Primarily have been using the Tech Contract and the Pre-War Fat Handle Tech. It's strange, the Contract has an S stamped into it. Also, looks like a different metal than the others. There was black paint in the fullers so my guess is that is used to be one of those sweet black ones. Behind them, a '70 Knack I used to shave my head and a '53 Super Speed that I've tried several times but just don't seem to like. The one on the far left is the razor from Whipped Dog but I'm hesitant to give it a go. However, the silver tip badger from him is freakin' awesome with Arko. :thumbup1:

$Razors.jpg$Travel Kit.jpg$Brush-Soap.jpg

Started wet shaving this week,

Mulhe r89
WSP Stubby HMW
Maca Root Shave Cream (Currently Using)
TOBS Sandalwood (GF spoiled me while I was browsing shave gear : D)
Proraso White (Have not tried yet due to reviews claiming that there wasn't enough slickness)
Crown Shaving Co. Shave Cream

Newest additions from Italian Barber
Panna Crema - Libanese
RazoRock XXX Soap
Petal Pushers - Oakmoss & Sage

$2014-06-17 22.54.01.jpg

Hoping to perfect my lather and blade technique slowly with this first "batch" of products!

Definitely have a case of B&B's ADS....

Anyways HAPPY SHAVING EVERYONE !

Micro Touch One with 24 Dorco St-300 blades.

Same can of Edge gel I have always used. At least since Edge was brought to market in the 1970's. Before that I think I used Barbasol and I think it was a hand me down Wilkinson handle. (from my dad) The current after shave product is Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Post Shave Lotion, but have used a variety of things over the years. Old Spice among others.

Hi guys,
I started a few weeks ago, found the B&B forum and must admit, I've got the RAD! I can't get enough of them! I love the fact that these small precision machines are still working after all these years. I've attached a pic of my gear.(Two more are on the way)
After reading about technique or lack of it resulting in bleeders and weepers, I was worried that I would have bits of toilet paper stuck all over my face. I've tried quite a few different blades in my razors and have not had a bad shave yet. No blood loss at all. Guess I have a mild beard.
I have wet shaved for the last 40 years and I have to say I've never enjoyed shaving so much!
Thanks for helping out this newbie.
Cheers,
Augustus
$Shaving.jpg

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and to wet shaving (1 month). It is something that I was always interested in and I was talking with my wife about it after looking at this site and West Coast Shaving's online store and my wife goes into the master bath and comes out informing me that she had just thrown away my Mach 3 handle so we had better go get a razor. Yay! The next day I was at my local old school pharmacy/apothecary shop picking up some gear. I started with a Edwin Jagger de89l and it was very forgiving. The razor I really wanted was the Merkur 43c all stainless long handle. I ordered the Merkur, and Persona Red Blades and a few more soaps and creams and I'm Continuing to build my collection.

Pictured:
Edwin Jagger de89l
Merkur 43c
Parker Best Badger Brush
Dreadnaught Cream and Pre-shave oil
Tabac
Jack Black Supreme Cream
Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn
D.R. Harris Marlborough
Musgo Real Oak Moss
Colonel Conk Bayrum

Not Pictured because it's being delivered:
Duke Cannon's Victory Cream (smells like accomplishment)
Geo F Trumper Eucris
Castle and Forbes Cedar Sandalwood
$image.jpeg

New to the scene, so I thought I'd stop in and say hey! Brand new to wetshaving; in fact, everything is in the mail, so I haven't even done it once yet, haha. After the $75+ I've invested in this adventure over the last couple days, hopefully I fall in love like the rest of you seem to have. :D

I'd love a little input on my purchases and recommendations on anything else to buy! Since I don't have anything on hand yet, I can't post pictures (I will when everything arrives), but I'll give you as much info as I currently have:

Razor: GEM 1912 SE Razor with Ornate Handle, GEM Micromatic SE Razor with Blade Storage and Original Wood Box, Edwin Jagger DE 89L
Blades: GEM Blue Star SE Blades, Marlin Guns Blades, [no DE blades chosen yet)
Soap: Strop Shoppe Limited Edition 1887 with Tallow
Brush: Gold-Dachs "Best Basics" Grey Badger Shaving Brush (Antique Red/Black)
Alum: RazoRock Alum Stick
After Shave: BRUT Classic

As you can tell, I have a much stronger pull toward SE razors, but found that EJ for cheap, so decided there's nothing wrong with broadening my horizons.

Top Bottom