What's new

Newbie's next pipe?

Why is that Senshi?

I like them for English blends because I feel the flavors really get a chance to swirl around. The concentration of the ember isn't as great as a tapered Dublin or billiard so I find they burn surprisingly cool. And lately I've been trying my flakes in pots and have been very happy with the results.

Last edited:
I have a Vauen Basic Briar, and am loving the Brown Leaf!

I'm wondering what I should be looking for in my next pipe? Something that is a step up but not a bank breaker? Ideally looking under $150 US.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Mike

If your post means you only have one pipe then I'd say you should buy at least another 5 pipes so you can rotate and rest them properly. With only one pipe it is likely to be perpetually wet and that will affect the quality of the smoke.

What you want from a pipe will affect your decisions. Does a straight pipe kept in your mouth most a the time make your jaw ache so you need to move the centre of gravity and get a bent stem? Do you like a filter or do you hate a filter or will you compromise with a metal condensing filter?

I like Savinelli, especially their by now dated but still good Miele Honey Pipes. Peterson has some attractive pipes with a smaller bowl. People will recommend Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipes but personally I found them to be more hype than quality, readily burning out and transferring taste from one tobacco to another which they apparently don't do!

Yessir, 4 bowls in and I'm really loving this pipe. The bigger bowl is a real pleasure, and it feels great in the hand.

Top Bottom