What's new

Newbie’ish Check In

Hello gents,

Just checking in, saying hi.

I’ve been using a DE safety razor for about 8 years now. An ex-coworker got my interested years ago so I gave it a try and haven’t really looked back since.

Got myself an Edwin Jagger razor and brush. Wet shaving is so much fun and enjoy, along with the cost savings I’ve gained from wet shaving.

I haven’t really done much research or any upgrades since I made my initial purchase 8 years ago, but recently I’ve been wanting to try out some new products.

I just bought a Muhle R41 and in the market for a Silvertip badger brush, I’m still gathering intel from everyone on different brushes to look at. It’s kinda daunting, but fun.

I’ve been typically using Taylor of Old Bond St. soap since I’ve started, it’s been great, love their soap. I always get a good shave with them. I’ve also been using Wilkinson Sword blades for sometime now.

So anyway, long story short, I’m looking to try new products and playing around with growing my den and experimenting with new soaps, etc.

Any suggestions, websites, brands, etc would be great!

If you made it this far into my post, thanks for sticking around haha!

There’s certainly no shortage of shaving products to be had. I don’t think you’ll have any trouble finding at least a few you like. Check out the threads where people post pictures like Shave of the Day (SOTD). I see so many things being used that I had no idea existed.

There’s certainly no shortage of shaving products to be had. I don’t think you’ll have any trouble finding at least a few you like. Check out the threads where people post pictures like Shave of the Day (SOTD). I see so many things being used that I had no idea existed.
Oooo! I’ll have to give that a look. Thanks!

Well I don't see anything of value I can add, but welcome to B&B.

Actually, check out the shavemac website. There is a gallery of custom brushes along with the configurator. If you need guidance, contact @Rudy Vey. He has many shavemac knots and can make you a great brush I hear. The brushes direct from Germany are surprisingly reasonably priced, that was my first high end brush purchase.

Well I don't see anything of value I can add, but welcome to B&B.

Actually, check out the shavemac website. There is a gallery of custom brushes along with the configurator. If you need guidance, contact @Rudy Vey. He has many shavemac knots and can make you a great brush I hear. The brushes direct from Germany are surprisingly reasonably priced, that was my first high end brush purchase.
Thank you.

I’m actually leaning more toward Shavemac right now. They are a bit pricy so I’m weighing my options and wanting to choose the one that I feel would be best for me right now.

Thanks again!

A belated welcome to the forum. Thanks for checking in.
Hello, I noticed you’re a moderator.

I am having trouble sending PMs and in the BST group I am unable to comment on any posts.

Is there something I need to turn on or agree to in order to do these things?

Any help would be appreciative.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Hello, I noticed you’re a moderator.

I am having trouble sending PMs and in the BST group I am unable to comment on any posts.

Is there something I need to turn on or agree to in order to do these things?

Any help would be appreciative.
You need to have 10 posts to send PM’s. I see that you are there now. To place an ad in the BST you need to have 50 posts.

Welcome, glad you joined! Make yourself at home, this is a good place to learn & have fun.
Thank you!

I actually joined years ago, read a few threads, the basics so I knew what I was doing and that was about it.

I’m back now after all these years because I want to “up my game” and explore other razors, brushes and products. I figured this would be the best place for that 😊

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Welcome! You'll get plenty of help here with your purchase decisions!

pease.jpeg

Top Bottom