What's new

Hi everyone I'm new too the site I found it just the other day I was looking for info on straight razor shaving I got my first straight razor on father day this year. I have been learning a lot.I had no idea that there was so much about shaving.I'm still doing a lot of reseach before I even try too shave with it and I still need too get a few things like a stroop an a good honing stone. My wife also got me a very nice slivertip badger brush and Col Conk soap I went too wal-mart and got me a cheap set it has a bowel bore hair brush a bar of soap I'm working on making a good lather I've learn a few thing all ready from this site on how too a good lather I'm looking forward too learning a lot more If anyone has any infor about straight razor shaving I would like too hear from you.Thanks

Welcome to the forum! One of the things I seriously suggest is that you first have your razor honed by an expert, so that you can start shaving with it in the condition that it should be in. The skill of honing is difficult to learn, if you don't know what kind of a sharp edge you're trying to achieve. As Michael said, the straightrazorplace.com is where you should be looking for expert guidance, although we have a section for str8 shaving discussion on this forum also. But there's a lot more here about soaps, creams, brushes, ASB's, AS, etc. so we expect you will be spending some further time here!

Top Bottom