What's new

Newbie upgraded to a Rockwell 6C

I reached out to Rockwell and they are sending me a new top cap free of charge to fix the threading issues :thumbup1:

Hopefully that fixes up both the threading and ever so slight alignment issue of the blade.

Just wanted to report I got the replacement top cap in the mail and it really tightened up the tolerances when assembling the razor. So I guess the old cap was just defective. :001_cool:

Still loving this razor. I've found feather blades are a great match with plate #4 in addition to my favorite GSB blades.

Just wanted to report I got the replacement top cap in the mail and it really tightened up the tolerances when assembling the razor. So I guess the old cap was just defective. :001_cool:

Still loving this razor. I've found feather blades are a great match with plate #4 in addition to my favorite GSB blades.
I'm glad to hear that Rockwell made it right, but I have to say that I fully expected that they would. My experience with the vast majority of vendors with whom I've dealt, both manufacturers and distributors, is that they will stand behind their products when something is defective

Wow you guys will convince me into buying the Rockwell 6C. I feel like it's kind of a big investment for my first DE, was thinking of buying a cheap Parker of maybe the Muhle R89. Still very skeptical about it.

Wow you guys will convince me into buying the Rockwell 6C. I feel like it's kind of a big investment for my first DE, was thinking of buying a cheap Parker of maybe the Muhle R89. Still very skeptical about it.
You can find a Rockwell 6C between $40 - $50. That is a great price range for a quality razor that you can continue using as you develop your skills. I don't think there would be any comparable razors priced much lower. You might find an Edwin Jagger 89 or Merkur 34C for a few bucks less, but not much. They are also great razors for beginners that you can continue to use throughout your life.

Congratulations, I have the 6S and it's my best daily shaver. Smooth, yet somewhat efficient and great for when I do a clean up pass to remove what's left behind from the R41.

I'm very happy to see all the positive feedback on the 6C.

Similar to the OP, I am using a Van Der Hagen from Wal-Mart currently, and have been eyeballing the 6c as my next razor. I like the idea of trying different plates until I find the setting that works best for me.

Congrats on the razor OP, glad to see the new pieces got your razor sorted out. :)

yeah only switched out blade twice and noticed blade gap was different on both sides and noticed it wasnt tight all the way. so my handle just started spinning amd wont tighten down all the way. had 3 shaves out of it. me and the vendor i bought from has contacted rockwell. just waiting on reply

I have 6C and used with several different blades with R3 plate and am very happy with the results. I would recommend anyone new to safety razors start with it and save some money trying different razors.

Top Bottom