What's new

Newbie tried out the scary feather blade...

Well gents, I've got a dinner date with the girlfriend tonight and figured hey it's NYE, might as well try the feather blade for the first time. Hadn't shaved in 3 days.

I gotta say this is the best damn shave I've ever had. I'm using a Merkur barber pole with tobs. Normally my blade is Astra, but thought what the heck I'll try this. First time getting a bbs shave, and had no nicks or irritation. Solid way to close out 2015. I've got one more feather blade, so I'll probably make it a week on these. If the shave stays this good I'm probably going to order 100 ASAP.

I think people say they are scary to maintain some level of exclusivity for themselves, haha. Nothing scary about them and they're my favorite blade.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Congrats on the great shave!

Just treat them like any other blade and you'll be fine.

Nicely done! I love Feathers, but it took me almost 10 years to finally try them. When I did, it was an epiphany...unfortunately, I'm still working through a 100 pack of Derby's that I bought out of necessity and indifference to their performance...The Feathers being tossed in the cart as an afterthought. :laugh:

Yeah, honestly, only time I ever get cut is when I'm impatient or just not being careful...

Well gents, I've got a dinner date with the girlfriend tonight and figured hey it's NYE, might as well try the feather blade for the first time. Hadn't shaved in 3 days.

...I also like to live dangerously.

Started with Feathers stayed with Feathers.i think people are scared of how sharp they are really affaired of their price compared to $0.25 for 100 pieces of crap!

All DE blades are sharp. The Feather blade isn't really a scary blade, it's just like the others only a little bit sharper.

I've always heard "scary sharp" to mean not "so sharp it scares me," but rather "so sharp the hairs jump off in fear."

I like Feathers.

I ordered 50 of these almost right after I started this DE journey more than a year ago. Only used about 3-4 the entire time. I don't remember how the shaves went with them, probably nothing mind blowing seeing as I'm not using them exclusively. I got one loaded up in my Krona...so I'm excited to see the results with my much improved technique.

Congratulations on not giving into the fear of the fabled blood thirsty feather razor blade and getting a comfortable shave as well. They're great blades.
By the way, if you haven't heard this part of the myth of feather razor blades, this is Bigfoots blade of choice so that he can blend in with everyone else in the Portland, Oregon area. :tongue_sm

Last edited:
Congratulations on not giving into the fear of the fabled blood thirsty feather razor blade and getting a comfortable shave as well. They're great blades.
By the way, if you haven't heard this part of the myth of feather razor blades, this is Bigfoots blade of choice so that he can blend in with everyone else in the Portland, Oregon area. :tongue_sm

I hear that he also uses the blade a few miles to the south!!!!! He wanders a little bit....

John H. in Corvallis

I use Feathers in my mild shavers and Derbys in my more aggressive ones. Works for me.

And I toss a pack of Feathers to Bigfoot whenever he wanders by my back deck on his way back and forth to Beaverton and Corvallis. He seems to appreciate it.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Excellent blade. Certainly nothing to be afraid of. I use Feathers in my Futur at 6+

I hear that he also uses the blade a few miles to the south!!!!! He wanders a little bit....

John H. in Corvallis
He certainly gets around much easier with a good shave. Heard he uses a live badge to lather with as well.

I use Feathers in my mild shavers and Derbys in my more aggressive ones. Works for me.

And I toss a pack of Feathers to Bigfoot whenever he wanders by my back deck on his way back and forth to Beaverton and Corvallis. He seems to appreciate it.
It's awfully nice of you to share your blades. I bet he uses an open comb razor as well. The more aggressive, the better.

Top Bottom