What's new

Newbie to Wet Shaving

Hi everyone,
I just recently joined the site, and I've also recently started wet shaving with DE razors.

I already see the way this becomes an addiction, lol.

I've attached my set up that I have collected in the 2 months I've been wet shaving. And would love to get your comments!

My razors are left to right.
Rockwell R1 butterfly
Rockwell 6C (one of my faves) and newest to my collection.
King C. Gillette long handle (my favorite)
Wilkinson sword butterfly long handle.

I am using the Wilkinson sword shaving soap with the matching premium badger brush.
Both of which I am very happy with. The soap has a great fragrance to it the my wife loves, and I enjoy as well. It's also very easy to lather for a beginner like myself.

I also have the Proraso sensitive skin shaving cream (which I still haven't tried yet)
I'm still trying to use up what's left of the Gillette foamy shaving cream can, and I can't wait to expand my collection of soaps and brushes.

Thinking of trying the Arko soap and a boar bristle set that's available from Amazon next. (The brush is the shave factory model from Omega)

20211229_003751.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Welcome to B&B. It's very easy to finish with your Gillette foamy, just bin it 😁. You won't miss it.

The delightful fragrance of Arko, fresh citrus with floral undertones, is an acquired olfaction, only appreciated by men with classic and refined taste. Women however, appear to find it a rather masculine sent. It is also one of the top shaving soaps.

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum from Australia and thanks for checking in with us and sharing.

Welcome! It looks like you have a great start. The KCG razor is good so I understand why you like it and the 6C is one of the best I've tried. You didn't mention which blades you're using.

Welcome aboard! Nice collection of hardware! You will not make any mistake with the acquisition of the Arko. Great soap...at an even better price point!

So far for blades I have been using,

Wilkinson sword
King C. Gillette
Derby Extra
Rockwell

So far I find the Rockwell to be my least favorite of the bunch.
The KCG blades and the Wilkinson are really nice, and the Derby I haven't had many shaves yet to determine how I really feel about them.

Welcome aboard! Nice collection of hardware! You will not make any mistake with the acquisition of the Arko. Great soap...at an even better price point!
I ended up ordering the Arko Soap with Boar brush, should be here in a couple of days. Very excited to try it!

Welcome to the place where the company is amazing and the information is incredible and diverse. We all learn from each other.
Great collection.... We do have a few rabbit holes around here that are both fun and occasionally pricy to explore but, the joy is in the journey 🐰🕳️

Top Bottom