What's new

Newbie to colognes at 30(believe it or not)

Hey there guys. This will be my first post in the fragrance section. I've never been one to wear cologne very often, or at all, really, unless I was trying to cover up the smell of smoke, and that was more to keep from getting complaints from my parents when I was a teenager and younger adult.

Anyway, I've recently decided to get into colognes and aftershaves, and after checking out some colognes at local stores, and also with some input from my fiance, I've decided I want to get a hold of something similar to Curve for Men. For anyone who's not familiar with it, here's a description of the fragrance notes from the Kohl's website:Fir, green leaves, juniper, lavender, bergamot, cardamom, ginseng, cactus, amber, black pepper, mahogany, sandalwood and vetiver

I also found this even more detailed description:
Opening Top Notes
citrus
aromatic
fruity
spice
Heart Center Notes
aromatic
spice
citrus
floral
green
Deep Base Notes
woody
amber
musk
spice

Fragrance Odor
Sensation
aromaticwarm
woodybright
sweetlight
citrussoft
greennatural
fresh spicycalming
powderydeep
sourinviting
fruitycomforting
herbalfresh

Now this isn't a super expensive fragrance or anything, but as I can't possibly stress enough, I am a gigantic cheapskate, so I'd like to see if I can't find a cheaper knockoff that's pretty much the same thing, or I'm even open to other things that aren't necessarily a knockoff, but something with similar notes. Any suggestions?

Given the price of Curve at places like Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshalls, I would just go with Curve. You know you both like it, and it is on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

Agree with [MENTION=112741]SharptoothC[/MENTION]. Just buy the Curve. Actually, check your local big box superstores. Here in Michigan Meijer stores carried many colognes for the holiday, and on Dec 26th they were half off. Curve was on the shelf as were many others.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Given the price of Curve at places like Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshalls, I would just go with Curve. You know you both like it, and it is on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

I agree. The normal price is around $4 an oz. Find a sale and you can't beat it.

Top Bottom