What's new

Newbie that finally loves to shave

Hey everyone, just started using a DE razor about a month ago.
I was using a schick hydro 3 and was in need of some new blades. Not wanting to spend a ridiculous amount on the new blades I started looking for alternatives and came across DE razors and needless to say, I have not looked back. I was fortunate enough to score two razors; a gillette gold tech that belonged to my grandfather and a gillette new improved that belonged to my great grandfather. Its pretty cool the be using a razor that is almost 100 years old. I have found the new improved give a better shave than the gold tech, but i'm still playing around with different blades.
Shaving has gone from something i had to do 2 or 3 times a week to something I now want to do everyday (although I cant because my beard doesnt grow that fast). I'm excited to delve deeper into this new found hobby and it is great to have a forum to go to that has such a wealth of knowledge.

Adam

Hey everyone, just started using a DE razor about a month ago.
I was using a schick hydro 3 and was in need of some new blades. Not wanting to spend a ridiculous amount on the new blades I started looking for alternatives and came across DE razors and needless to say, I have not looked back. I was fortunate enough to score two razors; a gillette gold tech that belonged to my grandfather and a gillette new improved that belonged to my great grandfather. Its pretty cool the be using a razor that is almost 100 years old. I have found the new improved give a better shave than the gold tech, but i'm still playing around with different blades.
Shaving has gone from something i had to do 2 or 3 times a week to something I now want to do everyday (although I cant because my beard doesnt grow that fast). I'm excited to delve deeper into this new found hobby and it is great to have a forum to go to that has such a wealth of knowledge.

Adam

Great Adam! Glad you're enjoying shaving. I've just converted as well, and won't be looking back. I was worried that it would be something I'd struggle with and get frustrated with, but that hasn't been the case at all. Very easy to learn, very enjoyable, and much more economical in the long run.

As for your beard not growing that fast, are you a young man? I'm 23 (born in 89), and my beard only started growing quickly enough to shave everyday at about 20 ish. Everyone's different but it'll likely get there. I don't get huge growth by the next day, but definitely enough to require a shave.

Welcome Aboard!! Nice to see another person from Pennsylvania here.
just out of curiosity, What town do you live in?

Well, I'm 29 and have been shaving for at least 10 years, so i just have a weak beard, haha. I'm about an every other day shaver.
I'm down here in amish country....Lancaster.

Hi Adam, welcome to B&B!

Wow, it's great that you've just started out and you already have heirloom razors from your grandad and great-grandad. Many of us can only long for a keepsake from even their father to shave with, and you have something that already goes back FOUR generations in your family--you should be proud, especially given that both of those Gillettes are great shavers and will be around for you to pass down to your kids and grandkids!:thumbup1:

When you get a moment, head over to our Hall of Fame and tell us all a bit more about yourself. If you have questions or run into problems, feel free to post them up. We're a welcoming and well-mannered bunch here, and always happy to lend a hand to a fellow wet-shaver.

Enjoy your time here, happy shaving and once again, WELCOME!!

Welcome! I know what you mean about wanting to shave. For me it's very relaxing to shave now. I even do it on the weekends... gasp!

Top Bottom