What's new

Newbie story, Swede

Have been getting consistent results with the citric acid solution these last few shaves. Great post shave feel.
Can also say that I find the derby ustas really nice, probably my favorite of the few I've tried so far (also tried voskhod, feather and derby extra). Sharp, smooth and cheap. My second favorite so far is probably voskhod.

Have been getting consistent results with the citric acid solution these last few shaves. Great post shave feel.
Can also say that I find the derby ustas really nice, probably my favorite of the few I've tried so far (also tried voskhod, feather and derby extra). Sharp, smooth and cheap. My second favorite so far is probably voskhod.
Voskhod is a good choice, cheap but they give a quality shave from more types of razors in my collection than almost any other blade, and outlast most others for a quality shave.

I like the Nivea Cream-type aftershave balm, but it was missing the bite of the alcohol-type aftershaves. So I combined both to make my now-favorite aftershave: mix 2/3 by volume Nivea or any cream type aftershave with 1/3 Gillette Cool Wave. I also added a pinch of menthol crystals. You can use any favorite aftershave to create your own unique blend. It applies easily and no sticky residue.

Years ago, while I was a Senior R&D Engineer for a large German Company in Munich, I took some vacation time, traveling by train from Oslo to Stockholm. Did some grande sightseeing all around Stockholm, but got the worst hangover of anywhere in Europe from drinking a Swedish Lager. Note to self: next time stick to German, English or Belgian Beers :001_302:

My family came to the US from Mora Parish, where, today, MoraKniv and others make their knives. Back in 1664, though the land belonged to Finland.
I do have several Mora Knives & maybe next time I have the hone out to touch up a straight razor, I'll hone & strop one & try a shave ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom