What's new

Newbie starting on sanding down a blade need advice

Well I started sanding on my wade and butcher. I am in need of some advice. Do I need to go further with the 180 grit on it. The auto parts store I got my sandpaper from didn't have 100 grit so I started with the 180. I would say it did stone good work but like I said need some advice moving on from here. I'm new to the game so all advice would new appreciated .
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

So should I keep hitting it with the 180 or move on to the 300?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yes that's what I plan to do. I got 180,300,450,600,800,1000,1500, 2000,2500 grit to go through.

I am by no means an expert on this, but I would be concerned about losing that etching on the blade with too much sanding at 180. I think it depends on how smooth you want to get that blade. Hopefully someone with a little more experience will chime in for you. That being said, its a nice blade you have there!

Try the 300 for a bit and see where it gets you. I would leave some pitting rather than losing much of the etching. I think that not being able to start at 100 grit was a good thing.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Not the best but it's good enough for me. Still some scratches in it but it'll work for now. Looks Allot better than when I started. Went through the whole progression. Might of went to quick sure to the scratches still showing on the in etched side.

Top Bottom