What's new

Newbie Saying Hello

After finding myself here a lot figured I’d join. Have shaved off and on for 25 years. Last five have had a beard. A new promotion last November found me needing to be cleaned shaven. Have always had trouble with irritation and razor numbs. After 7 months of your guy’s help I no longer have any of that. I wasn’t shaving the proper way and sure didn’t have the right equipment to do it. I find myself shaving everyday minus Sunday’s and actually looking forward to it. For that I am ever thankful. My current razor is a Muhle R41 and it’s just about perfect for me. I use Astra Sps or Feathers. Love the Astras. Have been experimenting with different soaps and brushes which has been fun. Now looking for some vintage razors to add to my collection. I love the aggressive razors. Just not real educated. Thank you all.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, thanks for checking in and sharing your journey with us.

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. If you like your DEs, then give Injectors a try. I think you would REALLY like them--and they are almost all vintage.

Welcome wmitchell,

Glad to have you on board. I generally prefer mild razors but I'm loving my GC84 so far. As for getting a nice somewhat aggressive collection, adjustables like slims and fat boys are a must followed by olds like the big fellow and new improved.

Cheers and happy shaves,

Mawashi

Welcome aboard! The R41 is a great razor!
I agree a 100%. Would’ve never thought shaving could be fun. It definitely is with the R41.
Welcome wmitchell,

Glad to have you on board. I generally prefer mild razors but I'm loving my GC84 so far. As for getting a nice somewhat aggressive collection, adjustables like slims and fat boys are a must followed by olds like the big fellow and new improved.

Cheers and happy shaves,

Mawashi
I will definitely look into all of them. Thanks for the suggestions. I can see myself spending way more than I make. I’m enjoying it way more than I should.

I agree a 100%. Would’ve never thought shaving could be fun. It definitely is with the R41.

I will definitely look into all of them. Thanks for the suggestions. I can see myself spending way more than I make. I’m enjoying it way more than I should.

Oh just you wait there's straights, stones, stropes, soaps, blade, brushes, single edge razors and blades etc etc. This hobby has ton more lol.

Top Bottom