What's new

Newbie Question

I’ve only been wet shaving for a year or so. I’ve used the same Blades. Dorco ST300. They work fine but I would like to try some others. Any recommend for a change up? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you like the ST-300s and you would like something similar, try the ST-301s. If you want to splurge an extra fifty cents per hundred the STP-301s are fantastic.

However, the sampler pack is also a great idea.

Gillette Russian blades, Personna lab blue and Feather blades. I also use non Gillette Russian blades.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Join the PIF!

Join the PIF!

Thank you. I posted in the PIF so hopefully I’m in.

The problem with sample packs is new shavers don't have the experience to evaluate blades. Consequently, they end up with a blade that's not an Astra SP. :p

Get the sample packs with the more premium blades - Gillette - Astras, Nacets, GSB. Feathers, Personnas, to name a few.

In the razor blade world, premium means sharp. In my opinion, most new shavers have not mastered a light touch well enough to start off with the sharpest blades. For sample packs, I recommend a beginner or most popular pack with at least three blades of each type.

The problem with sample packs is new shavers don't have the experience to evaluate blades. Consequently, they end up with a blade that's not an Astra SP. :p
When I first started and didn't know what to buy, I simply bought astra SP because that's what everyone on the forum and on youtube seems to be using and some ultra cheap supermax locally.

Astra turned out to be great and today I have about 100 pieces.

If in doubt, follow the crowd. That was my rule as far as shaving is concerned.

I’ve only been wet shaving for a year or so. I’ve used the same Blades. Dorco ST300. They work fine but I would like to try some others. Any recommend for a change up? Thanks.

Honestly just about anything else would be better than the Darcos.
I prefer Russian blades.
Voskhod, Rapira and more Rapira.

I'm new to wet shaving as well. Started out with Astra SP's in my EJ89 because it was recomended by everyone.
I kept this setup untill i stopped feeling my technique improving for each shave, and then tried a few different blades.

I found Gillette Platinum blue's to be a perfect fit for me :)
I will keep trying different blades, and then probably return to the Astra's later on :)

If you’re in the USA & haven’t ordered a sample pack yet, send me a PM with your address & I’ll send you a sample pack.

Thank you so much for the kind gesture. I just got in a sample pack today that I ordered from Amazon. I appreciate the offer though.

Phil

Top Bottom