What's new

Newbie question on Furbo Vintage Blu

I'm a fairly new wet shaver who's still working on my lathering technique. I've seen a few mentions of Furbo Vintage Blu here and was going to order it from Italian Barber. The description there recommends scooping an almond size chunk and lathering in a bowl. I've only lathered my soaps straight from the tub and would prefer sticking with that until I get my technique better. For anyone who has used Furbo, how do you lather it?

I have it in my shave drawer.

Haven’t used it yet, but it feels like typical Italian soft soap. I was just planning on using the brush right on the soap. I don’t have time for lather bowls, nor do I have room for them in my shower. I’m just going to go for it.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
No need to scoop it out from the tub, Sir. Lathering straight upon the soap works perfectly fine.
Also, if you love the scent, remember to match it with its aftershave splash!

The soap is really soft, almost a cream. Load your brush right in the tub, just don't load for 20 seconds, then do a normal face lather. Add water slowly, this soap is really easy to lather

Marc

Thanks for the responses everyone! Furbo has been ordered and I'm looking forward to trying it.

The soap is really soft, almost a cream. Load your brush right in the tub, just don't load for 20 seconds, then do a normal face lather. Add water slowly, this soap is really easy to lather

Marc

I've been using both the Marco Method and the dry brush method with my current soaps. Given how soft it is, which method would be better to use with Furbo?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thanks for the responses everyone! Furbo has been ordered and I'm looking forward to trying it.

I've been using both the Marco Method and the dry brush method with my current soaps. Given how soft it is, which method would be better to use with Furbo?

Both techniques do work great, if done properly.

For some unknown reason I prefer the Marco Method. ;)

It smells like floid blue. It has lots of scent. Very strong amongst soaps.

Floid blu is fresh, aquatic, and bell peppery to my nose. Very refreshing. Sticks with you through the day.

Now what is the point of producing a product i.e. Furbo smart after shave, when you can purchase already known Floid blue to masses with same scent profile ?!

Now what is the point of producing a product i.e. Furbo smart after shave, when you can purchase already known Floid blue to masses with same scent profile ?!
the "Smart" aftershave doesn't smell like Floid Blue at all.

I kind of hate how they made it look the same, but it's a completely different product.

Just a few hours ago, you posted a reply message saying stating that these products are similar to each other, now you are saying opposite.
Please read again your msg. Post #14 Furbo Vintage Blu

I'm not saying the opposite. I'm saying the exact same thing.

Here's what I wrote ""smart" aftershave in the small bottle = VERY old school spicy scent. I don't like it at all. Kind of like Eau Savage mixed with English Leather. Nothing like the vintage Blu. "

Also you mentioned that "Vintage Blu Soap with the silver label and Vintage Blu splash in the big bottle = just like Floid Blue. Refreshing. Clean. Mentholated. fantastic."

Floid blu is fresh, aquatic, and bell peppery to my nose.
In 2yrs+ on B&B this is the 1st time I've read this in describing Floid Blue!!
When was the last time you bought a bottle of Floid Blue from a vendor? Its not made anymore and if you want some you'll have to pay premium prices above and beyond what it originally sold for...

When are they going to make a Floid Black scented soap? That stuff is by far the best of the Floid line IMO. Has a sweet slightly cologney scent, lasts several hours, and is much more "modern" than their other offerings.

I have an intention to purchase "FURBO" shaving soap, just one to try, among which I have a choice to choose either to get ordinary or vintage versions thus, please describe the scent/aromas of both soaps and suggest which to buy.
Thanks a lot

Top Bottom