What's new

Newbie question on EDTs

I received a small 30ml spray bottle EDT in a trade, and it occurs to me that I don't really know how to apply it?

Do you spray it directly on your face, or neck, and how much do you use? Also, do you use EDTs on top of aftershave, or instead of aftershave? Any help, would be appreciated.

The link above has some good general rules on application. Please do not spray on your face!

As far as aftershaves/EDT are concerned, it really depends on your fragrances. Many aftershave are designed to dissipate quickly and not interfere with a scent. If you do layer an EDT over an aftershave, the scents should compliment. I prefer lightly scented aftershave that does not interfere with whatever fragrance I choose to wear. I do have some scented aftershaves that are strong enough to stand on their own as well, and tend not to use an EDT with them unless they are designed to compliment.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks the for link. The spray came in a matching set of soap, aftershave, and edt. It's a pretty unique leathery scent, and I can't imagine using the cologne spray with anything other than the set it came with.

Some people enjoy the challenge of layering scents. Others enjoy using sets just the way they came. Nothing wrong with that. Depending on the strength of a scent, I typically go with a spray at the base of the neck/top of chest, and then a spray to the inside of each wrist.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Currently I don't have any matching AS & cologne sets. I wear AS almost daily and cologne occasionally, and have tried to match up some scents in the same family-

Truefitt & Hill Grafton paired up with Afta or Clubman Pinaud
Drakkar Noir paired up with Gillette Cool Wave
Pecksniff's Professional (body spray) with Proraso Red

Cologne goes on my wrists/forearms and base of neck/chest in the center.

Currently I don't have any matching AS & cologne sets. I wear AS almost daily and cologne occasionally, and have tried to match up some scents in the same family

I also use AS daily, but I've never owned a cologne before. Thanks for the advice on application.

Top Bottom