What's new

Newbie PIF! Boar/Bay Rum/VDH Glycerin

Hey newbies!

I've been around this forum off and on for a while and learned quite a bit about shaving, as well as about life outside the shave den. This is my first PIF.

Included will be:

• Omega 10218 boar brush
  • Burt's Bees apothecary mug
  • Van Der Hagen Glycerine soap
  • Burt's Bees Bay Rum after shave balm

$wOW6S.jpg

and I'll throw in a pack (5 blades) each of Astra SP and Red Personnas (the Israeli kind)

I'm not sure if this Burt's Bees bay rum after shave is still available for purchase elsewhere, but my lady isn't a huge fan of the scent, so it's gotta go. I like the smell a lot, but I have way too many other options to justify keeping something that would repel my woman!

Also, to be clear, the soap included IS NOT THE DREADED BURT'S BEES BAY RUM "LATHERLESS" SOAP! I hate that stuff. But the mug is kinda nice; it just has a small, barely noticeable crack down the middle that doesn't leak. And the VDH Glycerine soap lathers quite nicely.

The little Omega boar brush is a decent little bugger, and a nice one to try out if you've never used a boar brush with a shorter loft. I just don't use it much anymore; I've got my big ol' Omega 48 boar, my super-floppy Made Rite badger, and my new Every Man Jack synthetic to keep me busy and BBS.

Recipient will be chosen randomly, and must have signed up no earlier than July 2012 and have fewer than 100 posts. I'll probably wrap this up by the end of the weekend and ship it on Monday or Tuesday of next week. US and Canada only, please.

Please do not PM me; simply reply with "LOL" if you would like to be considered for the PIF. Funny jokes are also welcome.

Thanks, dudes!

Lol. Great pif, I've never tried a boar brush.
As for a joke, in Boston, little johnny was in class one day and the teacher asked all the students to raise their hands if they were Patriot fans. Every one except little johnny raised their hand. So the teacher asked him why his hand was't raised. He said, I'm a Packers fan. Why he was asked. Well my dad is a Packer fan and so is my mom, so that makes me a Packers fan. The teacher said, why johnny that isn't a good reason, what if your dad was a thief and your mom was a drug addict? Little johnny thought for a while, then said, well if that was true, I guess i'd be a Cowboys fan.

LOL.
I don't have a girlfriend, I just have this friend who would get really mad if she heard me say that.
(pace Mitch Hedberg).

I'm in! Still a newb. Love Bay Rums. Don't know that one. It's a super-cool apothecary mug! I bought a boar for a friend, never used one myself. Cool PIF!

One more thing!

I'll throw in a tube of The Real Shave Company's "Evolution" face wash because I'm feeling extra generous and clearing the den!

LOL, I'm in. and for a joke..
Little Johnny is walking throught the park with his dad. They come across 2 dogs going at it and Johnny says " Dad, Dad, Dad, what are they doing?" Dad replies " UMM Well son, they are making puppies!" Johnny says cool and they go on their way. A couple weeks goes by and little Johnny is walking by his parents room and the door is open so Johnny walks in and sees Mommy and Daddy going at and says " Dad, Dad, Dad, what are you doing?" Dad replies" Ummm Ummmm we are making you a little brother" Johnny says " Screw that, Flip her over! I want a puppy!!!!!!"

Top Bottom