What's new

Newbie neck-deep in the rabbit hole

Hi everyone!
I'm from Argentina but living in Canada. I've been a silent reader of this forum for a long time and it was about time I officially joined.
A while back I wanted to try DE and almost gave up after having a potato-peeler experience with a cheap crappy DE razor but then I bought a Rockwell 6c about a year ago and I was rescued. I tried to buy something of good quality so I would buy one and done. I even like it a lot. I usually go for plates 4 or 5.
So basically I don't need anything more. But somehow I ended up buying an aluminum Lupo. And for no reason at all, I fell in love with Timeless razors and that absurdly sexy crown handle. And I want an SS Overlander. Of course everything with the corresponding stand. I can't just buy the tool, I need the displaying combo.
I've been trying to convince myself to not go there, but I keep falling down the rabbit hole and I already know I might buy those two way sooner than later. And then I'm done... said many people in this forum only to fail miserably. I will probably end up with many razors with similar performances for no reasonable explanation but I guess it is all about enjoying life and appreciating the art and craftsmanship behind these beautiful tools.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Welcome to B&B! Understandable to want to acquire some new toys. We aren't all about enabling here though.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Enjoy the ride. You’ve got some nice stuff so far.
Timeless is fantastic
Since you’re living in Canada you might look at karve razors
And tallow + steele for software
Cheers

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
What is it that makes them so special? Besides from the hefty price
Design, quality control, choices, and they work exceedingly well. I have quite a few nice razors and for the past 6+ years I've used only the Wolfman at home. It doesn't travel with me for fear I'd lose it.

But I got mine years ago when James was just starting out for $155 USD.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Welcome to B&B.... as you can see from the note under my SN, I've added a ummmmm "few" things to my shaving gear, etc. since joining back in March. I started out with a pretty nice shaving slush fund but over the past few months, I've decimated it. I did manage to squeak out just one more razor.. the Green Cult 2.0 is in the mail on its slow journey to our place here in Florida...

You've already managed a great start.... hang on... it gets even more fun over time. <eg> evil grin :devil:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Welcome to B&B, have some great shaves!
Rabbit hole (3).jpeg
Been there done that!:surrender:

Welcome @Chelko !! Good to have you on board. Not certain as to how long you have lived in Canada, but welcome to North America!
Canada has 52 letters in their alphabet.
A...eh... B...eh...C...eh.:001_smile

Again, welcome!

P.S. If you are only neck deep in the rabbit hole, you only have one foot in the hole.:biggrin1:

Top Bottom