What's new

Newbie Mistake...Corrected!

I just had one of the best shaves in my life with a BIC Chrome Platinum blade! I had tried this blade once several months ago in a different razor and didn't like it, so I got rid of the rest. DON'T MAKE THIS MISTAKE! Keep the blades! They make work great in a different razor down the road.
IMG-0543.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Made that mistake myself once. Always a good idea to try a crud blade in a different razor. Crazy how that works. But it does!

I just had one of the best shaves in my life with a BIC Chrome Platinum blade! I had tried this blade once several months ago in a different razor and didn't like it, so I got rid of the rest. DON'T MAKE THIS MISTAKE! Keep the blades! They make work great in a different razor down the road.
View attachment 1367591
Great point!!

Blades take up very little storage space. Plus, it is often instructive to revisit a ’dud’ brand. Sometimes the ‘dud’ part is yours truly!!

I wish I could convince more people, but they "don't like to keep things around they aren't using." Sound familiar? :001_tt2:

Seriously, I can't count much time I have waisted trying to tell somebody why they should hang on to their blades. They are too busy trying to learn too much all at once! :cursing:

Great point!!

Blades take up very little storage space. Plus, it is often instructive to revisit a ’dud’ brand. Sometimes the ‘dud’ part is yours truly!!
Good point! Razors are bigger and more expensive. Blades are cheap and don’t take up much space!
wish I could convince more people, but they "don't like to keep things around they aren't using." Sound familiar? :001_tt2:

Seriously, I can't count much time I have waisted trying to tell somebody why they should hang on to their blades. They are too busy trying to learn too much all at once! :cursing:
After 8 months experience and experimenting I agree. Jettison the razor before ditching the blades!

During my first few months of shaving I was trying every blade I could get my hand on. I finally worked up the courage to try the infamous feather blade in my merkur 34c. The results were terrible. Not because it was to sharp but because it just wouldn't cut. I felt they were overhyped.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago I decided to give the feather a go in my winning razor. It was a amazing bbs shave. Had same results with the lupo .72 and karve D sb.
Sometimes it's the razor also the technique I suppose.

View attachment 1367591
...they get even better after the initial shave! It's one of my favourite blades.

During my first few months of shaving I was trying every blade I could get my hand on. I finally worked up the courage to try the infamous feather blade in my merkur 34c. The results were terrible. Not because it was to sharp but because it just wouldn't cut. I felt they were overhyped.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago I decided to give the feather a go in my winning razor. It was a amazing bbs shave. Had same results with the lupo .72 and karve D sb.
Sometimes it's the razor also the technique I suppose.
I'm just experiencing the same thing with Feathers. Tried it in my 34c and it didn't really work. Tried it in my Old Type and it was like a wild horse. All over the place. I could cut close but would also cut myself. Popped one into a Red Tip this morning and it was Goldilocks' porridge. Smooth and close and minimal nicks.

I'm just experiencing the same thing with Feathers. Tried it in my 34c and it didn't really work. Tried it in my Old Type and it was like a wild horse. All over the place. I could cut close but would also cut myself. Popped one into a Red Tip this morning and it was Goldilocks' porridge. Smooth and close and minimal nicks.
Totally agree. A lot of guys (myself included) would naturally think that the sharpest blade razor in the world must be harsh. Wrong! I’ve never cut myself once with a Feather. You have to respect it, of course, but don’t fear the Feather! It delivers smooth, efficient shaves every time!

Top Bottom