What's new

Newbie likes idea of birthyear blade...

So im biddin on the only one i can find on evil bay as you guys call it... a Gillette 1981 LH Super Adjustable 1-9 Safety Razor Ive really like the sounds of the Merkur Futur but is this a safer start.....? Or is it a peice of crap since its a late model?

I think when it comes to birth year razors some of us simply have to settle for what we can get. I've been at this going on a year and I still haven't found my birth year razor.

So im biddin on the only one i can find on evil bay as you guys call it... a Gillette 1981 LH Super Adjustable 1-9 Safety Razor Ive really like the sounds of the Merkur Futur but is this a safer start.....? Or is it a peice of crap since its a late model?

Even the late model Gillettes were of a better quality than almost all razors made today. You should be very safe with that one.

The Super Adjustable is a nice shaver. I'd personally take one over a Futur anyday.

I think when it comes to birth year razors some of us simply have to settle for what we can get. I've been at this going on a year and I still haven't found my birth year razor.
I got lucky; mine happens to be a 58 TV Special. :lol:

This should be a very nice razor and serve you well. In my opinion it's better then any just born razor you can think of. Since this is your birth year razor you would do well to get it now. I don't recall seeing 1981 models for sale. At least not very often.

Len

Im also bidding on a beautiful 1959 Fatboy! Lol I havnt even shaved with a DE yet...and I think Im already addicted to the collecting. about 6 hours of research yesterday on the internet and I cant wait to get started

Gillette was making adjustables in the late 70s/early 80s. Were they still making any non-adjustable TTOs? Like comparable to a super speed?

Im also bidding on a beautiful 1959 Fatboy! Lol I havnt even shaved with a DE yet...and I think Im already addicted to the collecting. about 6 hours of research yesterday on the internet and I cant wait to get started

Oh boy! It will only get worse. Now it's time to look into the books. Philip L. Krumholz is a good start. Google that with Gillette and you're on your way.

Len

Welcome.

One of my birth date razors is an F4 Fatboy (4th qtr./ 1960). But I would gladly trade a mint one for your BIRTHDAY in 1981 !!!!!!!

yeah between yesterday and today ive spent about 18 hours on the net studying up on this new hobby. My typing went to poo on that last comment

Top Bottom