What's new

Newbie jumping into the deep end

I'm 60 and been DE shaving for just over ONE month after using cartridges of various kinds since 1977.
Yay! Congratulations on ditching the carts and switching to DE. Cartridges are so expensive and DE blades are super cheap. You will save tons of money for sure!

I have very quickly accumulated a fairly broad array of vintage Gillette razors (fifteen-ish spanning 1918 to 1971). I also have five new razors.
Oh! Oh... Okay. Good start. ;)

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new rabbit hole!

Yay! Congratulations on ditching the carts and switching to DE. Cartridges are so expensive and DE blades are super cheap. You will save tons of money for sure!

Oh! Oh... Okay. Good start. ;)

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new rabbit hole!
Thanks! Yeah, I've lost the opportunity to save money. I probably won't live or shave long enough 😂

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I have very quickly accumulated a fairly broad array of vintage Gillette razors (fifteen-ish spanning 1918 to 1971). I also have five new razors. I've still not used all of the vintage razors, but I used one of my favorites this morning, which is shown in the photos. It is a WWI-era US Army kit, serial number H 38180 made in 1918 and obviously well-used and well-loved! It was my first experience using a Gillette Old style open-comb razor, and the shave was. let me say, "aggressive." I used an Astra blade that was on shave number 3 or 4, and I had two days worth of growth. I lathered up some Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood cream with a synthetic brush, said a quick prayer, and got down to business.
Welcome to B&B!

Very nice collection, I recently got an Old Type and love it too!

~doug~

Top Bottom