What's new

Newbie joining.

hi everyone,i,m really new to the straight razor club,but i,m loving shaving with them.a lil about me,i,m 50,a punk(old skool) and dress accordingly,and am brand new to straight razor shaving,I have shaved using a straight razor 5 times as from tonight,and am finding it,s all about the angle,and the way you're beard grows that matter.i got my first open razor shave years ago,in nepal,and I don,t know why I didn,t start using a straight razor after getting one there,as I have been to Nepal 3 times,and India once,and have always got a shave from a barbour Al the time,and have been amazed at how close the shave was.so now,at 50,,,yes 50,,lol,I have turned to the razor,and love everything about using them,even stopping is me dative for me.i am a war veteran also from the first fulf war,and find the regimental way you have to do things with a straight razor great,it,s all good.i have the straight razor from doro I use,the best quality razor from doro at the mo,and have ordered the micarta razor tonight,so i,m looking forward to shaving with that one aswell,never before have I looked forward to shaving???? i,m baffled,,lol.i use a badgers brush and the lather aswell,and I have a doro strop and 2 English made ones that are decent,I have 2 2/12 inch,and one 3 inch,i,m not sure what I prefer yet as i,m that new,so any info,and what size you guys prefer would be greatly appreciated,I also have the plaster for my strops,and the green bar of some sort of oxide,,,tolf you I was new,,hehe.anyway,ti's nice to speak to you all,I hope to hear what some of you think the best size strop is.
all the best guys,an stay safe man.
PEACE

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Welcome from Cebu, Philippines, to the gentlemanly art of straight razor shaving. You still have a lot to learn. Post the straight razor section of B&B with any questions that you may have.

Top Bottom