What's new

Newbie-ish shaver from UK

Hi everyone!

Yet another post from a newbie shaver :)
Started wet shaving with DE at the end of January, before all I have ever used was cartridges and canned goo...

First few shaves were with cheap and cheerful wilkinson sword classic and personna platinum blades - then quickly started venturing down the rabbit hole and subsequently splurged money on blackland blackbird (both SB and OC versions), then on Rockwell 6S. Both are amazing razors in my opinion, however for past month I was using mainly the Rockwell 6S R4. For past 3 shaves I went back to blackbird - and it demanded more respect this time. Somehow my technique improving, made it so the blackbird is more agressive to me than it was just as I started wet shaving (or maybe I'm just more confident in moving razor across the face, and scaredy movements during first shaves didn't give it much to go on).

Got few nice soaps and exploring various scents at the moment - trying to find my preferences. So far some of my favourite (had to actually order from American supplier) are: B&M Terror, Chiseled Face Cryogen, southern witchcrafts Necromantic (definitely want to try more of their smells!)

Thanks to all this - both my skin has already improved a lot (I'm diabetic, so do tend to have dry skin), as well as I started enjoying the shaves and can't wait until the next one! Where when I was using cartridges, it was a chore that I was doing once a week!

Anyway - glad to be here amongst other wet shavers! Time to go and have a look through this big compendium of knowledge!

All the best and Stay safe!
Simon

Glad you found us & joined, welcome! You've got two very nice razors, they'll give you some great shaves. Jump in & join the conversations.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Hello. Sounds like you’ve got some nice hardware. Here’s to more happy shaves!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum from Australia and thanks for checking in with and sharing with us.

Hi Simon.
Welcome from another UK member.
I think you've discovered one of the core, unknown to the masses, aspects of traditional wet shaving - that it becomes a joy not a chore.
If only more people could be convinced of that....

Hi everyone!

Yet another post from a newbie shaver :)
Started wet shaving with DE at the end of January, before all I have ever used was cartridges and canned goo...

First few shaves were with cheap and cheerful wilkinson sword classic and personna platinum blades - then quickly started venturing down the rabbit hole and subsequently splurged money on blackland blackbird (both SB and OC versions), then on Rockwell 6S. Both are amazing razors in my opinion, however for past month I was using mainly the Rockwell 6S R4. For past 3 shaves I went back to blackbird - and it demanded more respect this time. Somehow my technique improving, made it so the blackbird is more agressive to me than it was just as I started wet shaving (or maybe I'm just more confident in moving razor across the face, and scaredy movements during first shaves didn't give it much to go on).

Got few nice soaps and exploring various scents at the moment - trying to find my preferences. So far some of my favourite (had to actually order from American supplier) are: B&M Terror, Chiseled Face Cryogen, southern witchcrafts Necromantic (definitely want to try more of their smells!)

Thanks to all this - both my skin has already improved a lot (I'm diabetic, so do tend to have dry skin), as well as I started enjoying the shaves and can't wait until the next one! Where when I was using cartridges, it was a chore that I was doing once a week!

Anyway - glad to be here amongst other wet shavers! Time to go and have a look through this big compendium of knowledge!

All the best and Stay safe!
Simon
Hi Scorpio, welcome to the forums. Regarding decent quality soaps/creams you may want to check out a couple of UK sites namely connaught shaving and shaving station.
Regards, Ripitup

Hi Scorpio, welcome to the forums. Regarding decent quality soaps/creams you may want to check out a couple of UK sites namely connaught shaving and shaving station.
Regards, Ripitup
Thank you!
I already was made aware of connaughts - with recent 30% off did getabout 5 or6 additional soaps, including SV felce aromatica, tundra artica and optunia! Few others were proraso, cella , and I think I got couple others too haha - yet to try any of them to be honest ! Haven’t had a look at shaving station - will definitely check them out!

Welcome to B&B from sunny Cumbria. There are some great soaps made in the UK to buy (Wickham, Phoenix and Beau) and also many from mainland Europe, although a few of the latter are in short supply atm.

thank You! Definitely - had pleasure of trying wickhams magnum as well as apricus as part of newbie pass around from another forum. I’m quite actively trying to find someone that’s willing to sell their apricus since I fell in love with that scent! Haven’t had the pleasure of trying P&B yet to be honest!

M

mtcn77

Thanks to all this - both my skin has already improved a lot (I'm diabetic, so do tend to have dry skin), as well as I started enjoying the shaves and can't wait until the next one!
Hello! I'm happy to hear chapped skin is no more for you! Shaving is addictive once you grow a liking to the soft and tense feeling left afterwards.
I wish you the best! Enjoy yourself.

Happy shaving.

Top Bottom