What's new

Newbie Introduction

Hello,
I joined B&B a while back, but this is my first post. My name is Al, living in Alabama, and have been involved in "wet shaving" three or four years, having started with a Merkur 34c and now have a Maggard slant. I still use a twin-blade Gillette pivot razor when pressed for time. Sorry, I know that might be close to blasphemy.

I have a Spike straight razor left to me by my dad that I would like to try using and have been reading up on that. I appreciate all the knowledge you guys share and am glad to be a part of the group.

Al

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Hello,
I joined B&B a while back, but this is my first post. My name is Al, living in Alabama, and have been involved in "wet shaving" three or four years, having started with a Merkur 34c and now have a Maggard slant. I still use a twin-blade Gillette pivot razor when pressed for time. Sorry, I know that might be close to blasphemy.

I have a Spike straight razor left to me by my dad that I would like to try using and have been reading up on that. I appreciate all the knowledge you guys share and am glad to be a part of the group.

Al
Hi Al,

Welcome to B&B and be sure to stop by the Straight Razor forum, I'm sure @rbscebu has plenty of good advise on that subject!

~doug~

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Welcome to Badger and Blade.....or at least your first post. Don't be shy my friend. Whenever you have time to waste/educate yourself on the finer points of strange knowledge, the door is always open here.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod

Al
First thread to read on straight razor shaving should be this one:

If you are foolish enough to still want to continue, your next read should be the instructions.

Hi Al, welcome to B & B! Thanks for introducing yourself, hope you join in some of the conversations & laughs.

First thread to read on straight razor shaving should be this one:

If you are foolish enough to still want to continue, your next read should be the instructions.

Thank you RBSCEBU,

I have downloaded and started reading the revision E of the SR Shaving Instructions, so have already gotten ahead of this recommendation. I will read the first one now or at least soon as time permits and get a better feel for what I may be stepping off in.

Al

Thank you RBSCEBU,

I have downloaded and started reading the revision E of the SR Shaving Instructions, so have already gotten ahead of this recommendation. I will read the first one now or at least soon as time permits and get a better feel for what I may be stepping off in.

Al
Hi Again RBSCEBU,

The warning was a quick read. Thanks for that and the humor interlaced in it. I am not thwarted and will soldier on.

Thanks also to the list for the warm welcome.

Al

Top Bottom