What's new

Newbie Intro

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
But while I’m not a daily shaver, I felt the time had come to semi-retire Grandpa’s SS, and get another vintage razor (or several) to use as daily drivers, to limit the risk of wear or damage to a sentimental heirloom.

You may imagine what your son's gonna say the day you pass on great-grandad's razor to him. Sounds kinda funny, but I wish I'd gotten my mom's razor. :) Dad used an electric, although I'm dead certain not early in his life nor during his time in the Army in the Pacific Theatre.

I have one razor old enough to have been my grandfather's (Gem Jr. Bar) but it came from the Great Internet Bizarre Bazaar.

Welcome aboard!

O.H.

You may imagine what your son's gonna say the day you pass on great-grandad's razor to him. Sounds kinda funny, but I wish I'd gotten my mom's razor. :) Dad used an electric, although I'm dead certain not early in his life nor during his time in the Army in the Pacific Theatre.

I have one razor old enough to have been my grandfather's (Gem Jr. Bar) but it came from the Great Internet Bizarre Bazaar.

Welcome aboard!

O.H.
And he will know how to use it already: I bought him a pre- date code Superspeed when he was old enough to shave. He loves it!

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Hello. Welcome to B&B. When you get a chance head over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little more about yourself.

I’m a longtime lurker, new member, so I want to first thank all of the generous members here for sharing information and creating such a valuable resourse.

I’ve been wet shaving for a number of years, but exclusively with my grandfather’s ‘53 Superspeed that I am fortunate to have and cherish. It shaves so well, I bought my son a pre- date code SS, and hooked him on wet shaving. It could easily be my one & only.

But while I’m not a daily shaver, I felt the time had come to semi-retire Grandpa’s SS, and get another vintage razor (or several) to use as daily drivers, to limit the risk of wear or damage to a sentimental heirloom.

So I got infected with RAD. I’m now using an Otto Roth NEW LC (strikethrough with Gillette re-stamp); acquired a postwar Gold Tech; and have a prewar fat handle Tech on the way.

Hence joining B&B: I’ve used this site as a great reference to answer my questions thus far, but I’m to the point of having more questions to ask! Thank you all in advance.
Welcome to B&B... 🌹

Top Bottom