What's new

Newbie incoming!

Welcome to the rabbit hole!
I'd also recommend an adjustable (I love my Rockwell 6s) and a brush, you can find pretty good badger at moderate price on Aliexpress, Boti is unbeatable price/quality

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

I just started wet shaving as well and have had the same 'I'm never going back to cartridges again' experience. I started with a 6S and would highly recommend it if you're interested but would probably just stick with what you have for a while as it seems to be working for you.

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on different blades. I also started with Astra SPs and enjoyed them much more than carts but tried a Nacet for the first time last night and liked it even better. My lathering and overall technique are very much still a work in progress so am definitely not writing off the Astras yet but I'm excited to try more blades.

I just started wet shaving as well and have had the same 'I'm never going back to cartridges again' experience. I started with a 6S and would highly recommend it if you're interested but would probably just stick with what you have for a while as it seems to be working for you.

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on different blades. I also started with Astra SPs and enjoyed them much more than carts but tried a Nacet for the first time last night and liked it even better. My lathering and overall technique are very much still a work in progress so am definitely not writing off the Astras yet but I'm excited to try more blades.
My super speed just came in, with some Derby Extra's included. I'm excited to try those in the baili I've been using, to compare, as well s both blades I have right now in the super speed. I've got a cart with 2x40something different brands waiting on tryablade.com, but I likely won't be able to pull the trigger on ordering them for another couple weeks due to a travel schedule. Will definitely return and report!

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Welcome to B&B. When you get a chance head over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little about yourself.

I wanted to circle back to you @Virtus3 and let you know I compiled my thoughts from tinkering with my two razors and two blades over here, and I'll likely keep updating the thread once my sample pack comes in!

Welcome and congratulations for your upcoming wedding.
I have a suspicion you are already entering the twilight zone, er uh the rabbit hole. All is well but just remember experience and technique will be the best investment.

Work on good technique and preparation and in time you will find getting more shaves from a blade easier.
I'm averaging about 3-4 shaves a blade now. I recently got my blade sample pack in, with two blades of 50 different makes, and am enjoying working my way through them and keeping track of how I like their performance. My goal is to get at least five shaves from each blade, although if one is unpleasant in any way I'm not pushing it.

Top Bottom