What's new

Newbie here

Just thought I'd introduce myself quickly ..
I've been using DE razors for about 4-5 years now on face and head and haven't looked back . I have a small collection of razors and a few different soaps and creams as well as aftershaves and fragrances.
I mainly joined to pick up tips and tricks to help with my ritual in a helpful and friendly forum.

Cheers
J

Welcome to B & B, enjoy! Of your various razors & other gear, what's your favorite set-up?
At the minute I'm using an Omega D5613 and rotate with my soaps and creams but usually Razorock xxx or Proraso green.
On the nut it's always Merkur Futur.
My usual blade is Astra sp.
How's about yourself ?

Welcome. Unsolicited tip; do not be tempted to taste Cella, it just tastes like soap. You may already know this?
I've never tried Cella yet but it certainly is on my radar and probably my next purchase . Just out of interest do you prefer the soap or cream ?

At the minute I'm using an Omega D5613 and rotate with my soaps and creams but usually Razorock xxx or Proraso green.
On the nut it's always Merkur Futur.
My usual blade is Astra sp.
How's about yourself ?
Nice set-up! If I have to choose just one, I'll go with my Gillette President with a Nacet blade, a hand-turned Black Walnut handle with a 26mm Super High-Density badger brush, and Ethos Lavender soap.

Wow that Gillette President looks fantastic.... Are they a pretty rare find ? I've no experience with Nacet blades myself but quite content with the Astra.. Did you get your brush from a mainstream site or is it Artisan ?

The President isn’t a common find, but can be found with patience & persistence. The hunt is part of the fun! The Astra blade you’re using is an excellent blade, the Nacet is similar. I was fortunate that a friend of mine offered to make me the brush handle. He’s a master craftsman that, in my opinion, produces shaving brush handles that are works of art. He doesn’t sell them, he makes them & gives them away for the smiles.

Nice set-up! If I have to choose just one, I'll go with my Gillette President with a Nacet blade, a hand-turned Black Walnut handle with a 26mm Super High-Density badger brush, and Ethos Lavender soap.
The President isn’t a common find, but can be found with patience & persistence. The hunt is part of the fun! The Astra blade you’re using is an excellent blade, the Nacet is similar. I was fortunate that a friend of mine offered to make me the brush handle. He’s a master craftsman that, in my opinion, produces shaving brush handles that are works of art. He doesn’t sell them, he makes them & gives them away for the smiles.
Definitely , those hand crafted brushes look works of art. One offs and unique . Having a look on here there are some stunning set ups.

Top Bottom