What's new

Newbie here! want to say hey!

Hey guys just wanted to drop a thread and say hello!
I tried a cut throat razor last night for the first time, after watching hours of youtube videos, i still cut my face open:mad3:..... any tips on using cut throat razors?

I've been reading around and people have been saying that you need to practice for a while until you get it perfect.... but the thing is i don't want to be cutting my face open for weeks on end .... :blink:

thanks

Liam

Hello and welcome, Liam. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome aboard Liam. +1 to the trip to the Straight Razor Forum. I'd also check out the B&B wiki for technique tips. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we love to help out.

Not much shortcut to using a straight razor. It just takes some time and practice.
You can do some dry runs without the blade to get the feel.

Wish someone had told me that. I learned with my father's straight after he gave me a demo.
My trial went on for quite a while.

thank you [MENTION=58835]Usascot[/MENTION] ..... i cut my chin white badly haha ... wouldn't stop bleeding but we shall see .... i am gonna have to try and practise ... thank you for the tips :)

Welcome to B&B! Don't feel bad, I started using a straight a few months back and I'm still getting it down. The straight razor forums are excellent. There's even a straight razor Clinic that's a sub-forum of the main straight razor forum. Lots of extremely knowledgeable guys around.

thanks [MENTION=81775]mightyeskimo[/MENTION] ...... just wondering how long did it take you to perfect your shave ?

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Welcome to B&B, Liam. I took pretty quickly to the straight, but ultimately had to give it up, there were a couple of spots on my back that I couldn't get to well due to arthritis in my neck; couldn't bend my head enough to get into those areas.
Practice, practice, practice. That's the only way to get it down.
Check out the Straight Forums for excellent advice.

Top Bottom