What's new

Newbie Here - Oldbie to Wetshaving

Hi all! I just ran across this site doing a Google for Gillette Platinum-Plus DE blades.

I've been wet-shaving since I started shaving in late 40's (yes I'm a geezer) just as my father did before me. Over the years I've gone through just about every gizmo and shaving method (DE's, injectors, electrics, straight razors and lately a Mach 3) and keep coming back to my slant bar razors, acquired in the 70's, for the best shave possible. I stopped using them when Gillette stopped making the Platinum-Plus blades because no other blade I knew about, could shave as well.

But lately I've had the urge to go back to a straight-razor and DE shaving and after Googling, was amazed at what's happened in the shaving world! So I'm glad to be back, to have found great blades again, and in the process, found this and other resources along with other wet-shaving enthusiasts and an enormous pool of shaving knowledge.

So hello...!

Welcome!

Isn't it amazing how a certain age used to sound old, and now doesn't? I wonder why?:rolleyes: :biggrin:

Lots of us geezers here! You're among friends--of all ages.

Gemini said:
I've been wet-shaving since I started shaving in late 40's (yes I'm a geezer) just as my father did before me.

"And his father before him" < voiced by Luke Skywalker>

Welcome to the collective, Gemini!

Marty

Top Bottom