What's new

Newbie here. Dropping the Mach 3 like a bad habit.

Welcome, I'm coming to the end of my first month from switching. Lots of good advice from above. No pressure and its about beard reduction with each pass. Pick up a blade sample pack as well, some blades are much nicer than others.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your shaves. The moment you flip from necessity to a shave ritual is when everything comes together.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

welcome to you I used to find shaving a right pain in the arse buying expensive cartridges and updating every time they launched a new razor then I found the joys of old time shaving I say old time with respect to all that came before us . now I look forward to the 20 min every morning the choosing of the scent from the soap I want to use and then for some reason the relaxing act of the building a lather be it on my face or in a bowl its at the moment the soap lets go of the fragrance that reminds me why ..

Welcome Eddie, from Middle Tennessee and a former Mach 3 man as well.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

Thanks for all the comments and tips. Half an hour ago, I completed my first ever DE shave and I'm happy to report that overall it was a resounding success. I've watched enough YouTube tutorials that I managed to keep reminding myself "remember, no pressure". I usually shave with music in the background, but not with this session, lol. Aside from a couple of spots on my neck where I could've gone closer, I resisted the urge to go over and over these spots this time around. No nicks. Very little stinging around my mustache and some spots around my neck. I look forward to trying out new soaps and new razors and blades in the future. Damn this was an enjoyable experience!

Just something for down the road, brother. There is a world of vintage single edge razors by Schick and GEM that await your evaluations. Drop in the SE forum when ready.

I haven't used a cart since I first started with a DE nearly six years ago. I used to hate shaving with those things. They're expensive, they shave poorly, and they irritate my face. They also create a huge amount of landfill.

I still have all the discarded blades I have used in the last six years. I still don't have enough spent ones to bother making a trip to the recyclers.

That's right, EddieX, my friend, you drop that evil "Mach 3" like a steaming bag of horse manure...and get on the D.E. train! where it's smooth shaving to the end of the line!

I retired 2 years ago and discovered wet shaving about 2 months ago. I wish I had known about this WOS when I was working! I can't wait to get up in the morning and take the time to do a really nice shave. I guess it's kinda like a, "spa day" every morning. Fantastic way to start your day!

Now that I actually enjoy shaving, I got tired of razor bumps and ingrown hairs. Awaiting my Rockwell 6C shaving kit in a couple of days. Can't wait to enter this uncharted territory. How is everyone?
-Ed
Things are great in Denver.
Hope you enjoy your new razor.
It sounds like you are on the right track.

Ed

Top Bottom