What's new

Newbie here. Dropping the Mach 3 like a bad habit.

Now that I actually enjoy shaving, I got tired of razor bumps and ingrown hairs. Awaiting my Rockwell 6C shaving kit in a couple of days. Can't wait to enter this uncharted territory. How is everyone?
-Ed

welcome Eddie and enjoy the 6c as quite a good razor . dont be afraid to jump on the forums as they can be a world of information to you .

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Eddie. Let us know what you think of the razor when it turns up.

Now that I actually enjoy shaving, I got tired of razor bumps and ingrown hairs. Awaiting my Rockwell 6C shaving kit in a couple of days. Can't wait to enter this uncharted territory. How is everyone?
-Ed

Hey Ed,

I'm good-ish and welcome from Singapore.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Welcome to the forum! Doing pretty well here.

Keep in mind that you can't shave the same with a DE as you do a cartridge. A light touch and attention to blade angle is important. Many find they prefer certain blades over others so that is good to keep in mind.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Welcome, and good luck!

Now that you've invested in some quality hardware, you'll most likely come to regard shaving as a pleasure, rather than a chore. Next up, a blade sampler, a brush and some great smelling soaps, creams and aftershaves (you'll never stop at one).

Also, never be afraid to ask questions here. We all think we're experts. :a21:

Enjoy!

Welcome!

There is a learning curve. You will need to use less pressure. Much less.

Give yourself time to adjust. Have fun!

Welcome to the forum! Doing pretty well here.

Keep in mind that you can't shave the same with a DE as you do a cartridge. A light touch and attention to blade angle is important. Many find they prefer certain blades over others so that is good to keep in mind.

Words of wisdom here from @Macfrommichigan and @Joshua223 The quality of my shaves jumped big time when I finally understood what “very little pressure” was. You think you aren’t bearing down until you realize - you’re still bearing down. That took me six months to figure out!

And blade angle is super important. The right angle will change from razor to razor. Finding the right angle for each razor lets the blade do its job.

Ok enough advice. Enjoy the process and shave on!

Words of wisdom here from @Macfrommichigan and @Joshua223 The quality of my shaves jumped big time when I finally understood what “very little pressure” was. You think you aren’t bearing down until you realize - you’re still bearing down. That took me six months to figure out!

And blade angle is super important. The right angle will change from razor to razor. Finding the right angle for each razor lets the blade do its job.

Ok enough advice. Enjoy the process and shave on!
This led to my Slim getting benched for a long time. Now it is my primary DE. I still need to work on my angle though.

Welcome Eddie!

I won't add much other than to echo the sentiment of 'give yourself time'. If your first shaves are fantastic then good for you! But, chances are you may get some irritation . . .you will figure it out. But it takes a little time. Lots of great advice here!

Top Bottom