What's new

Newbie from Utah

So, I've been using Taylors of Old Bond Street shaving creams for about a year now, maybe a little more, and like the way they lather on my face, and the shave I get. Notwithstanding, that isn't exactly what brought me here. My wife asked for a Christmas List so I knew one thing I wanted and that was a boar bristle hairbrush. I ran across an ad for ZilberHaar brushes and saw what to me looks like a great hair brush. Then I saw the beard brush. Then I saw the brush cleaner. Then I put all three on my list. I have an Edwin Jagger beard and mustache comb, a very small one which prompted me to seek out a brush to keep the Van Dyke brushed straight and strong daily.

Then I happened across shaving brushes on TOBS and English Shaving Company and thought (scratching my noggin)...let's just do a full shopping list of brushes for the head, and investigated shaving brushes, especially since my stocking will have a new natural bristle brush in it at Christmas.

Well after hours of reading, much the worse for wear, and since there's a hundred sites with thousands of opinions I almost gave up...then found B&B. Looked to be spot on, so I signed up and began reading. The thing I hate about forums is the question asked, that's been answered 100 times already and newbies do not look. So, I read more and more and more and again so many choices, but this is my mistake to make (or not), and my experiment to run (successfully or not) and not bother everyone here - until I'm knee deep in everything I tried and tried to figure out and need some mentoring.

So, off I go on this grand adventure. My first brush, as long as Santa buys exactly what I put on my list will be the: Edwin Jagger, Best Badger, Medium in light horn.

Once Christmas is here, plus a couple days to experiment, I shall report back.

Cheers,

Kevin

So, I've been using Taylors of Old Bond Street shaving creams for about a year now, maybe a little more, and like the way they lather on my face, and the shave I get. Notwithstanding, that isn't exactly what brought me here. My wife asked for a Christmas List so I knew one thing I wanted and that was a boar bristle hairbrush. I ran across an ad for ZilberHaar brushes and saw what to me looks like a great hair brush. Then I saw the beard brush. Then I saw the brush cleaner. Then I put all three on my list. I have an Edwin Jagger beard and mustache comb, a very small one which prompted me to seek out a brush to keep the Van Dyke brushed straight and strong daily.

Then I happened across shaving brushes on TOBS and English Shaving Company and thought (scratching my noggin)...let's just do a full shopping list of brushes for the head, and investigated shaving brushes, especially since my stocking will have a new natural bristle brush in it at Christmas.

Well after hours of reading, much the worse for wear, and since there's a hundred sites with thousands of opinions I almost gave up...then found B&B. Looked to be spot on, so I signed up and began reading. The thing I hate about forums is the question asked, that's been answered 100 times already and newbies do not look. So, I read more and more and more and again so many choices, but this is my mistake to make (or not), and my experiment to run (successfully or not) and not bother everyone here - until I'm knee deep in everything I tried and tried to figure out and need some mentoring.

So, off I go on this grand adventure. My first brush, as long as Santa buys exactly what I put on my list will be the: Edwin Jagger, Best Badger, Medium in light horn.

Once Christmas is here, plus a couple days to experiment, I shall report back.

Cheers,

Kevin
Welcome. I have an EJ Super Badger and I love it.

Welcome! I now live in Alaska but I was born and raised in Utah (Orem and Pleasant Grove, mostly)

Welcome to B&B

Top Bottom