What's new

Newbie from UK

Hi all, first post on your great site. Came here via sharpologist. I started de shaving again last year in an effort to save money (I know lol!) Finding the Zen aspect of wet shaving a perfect antidote to the stresses of the day. Right, down to hardware.
Merkur 38c
Feather asd2
Flair tip superspeed 55 A1 (birth year)
Fat boy 59 E4 replated in nickel
Brushes
Shave shack the sovereign silvertip
Simpson's Duke 3 best badger
Soaps and creams
Proraso white
MWF
TOBS sandalwood
Macca root
Cella and Tabac (on the way)
Proraso pre shave green and white
Trumpers sandalwood skin food
MR GLO
Derby extra(?)
Feather
Astra SP(nice)
Polsilver SI(on the way)
Proraso white as balm
Nivea as balm
Dickinson witch hazel
Alum block
So that's me (so far!)

Thanks for the welcome and thanks to the members of this site for all the information I've gleaned from their experience. My technique is still an ongoing process, pressure especially. I have sensitive skin and a sparse but tough beard. I'm still learning but enjoying the experience immensely. Thanks again.

So I believe, I've read good things about D R Harris Arlington and Windsor soaps and must try them. I'm into all things Americana so I think that's where my interest will lead me next.

LOL. There is a thread here, How international were you today? Members note the origin of their shave kit. For example:

Razor, Gillette red tip, USA
Soap, DR Harris, UK
Brush, Yaqi, China
Blade, 7 o'clock, Russia

LOL. There is a thread here, How international were you today? Members note the origin of their shave kit. For example:

Razor, Gillette red tip, USA
Soap, DR Harris, UK
Brush, Yaqi, China
Blade, 7 o'clock, Russia
Lol I see
Razor, Gillette superspeed 55 A1 U.S.A
Soap, Mitchell's woolfat U.K.
Brush, Shave shack the sovereign Silvertip U.K.(?)
Blade, Astra SP Russia finished of with Nivea sensitive balm. Germany!

Thankyou. I only wish I'd joined sooner it's been my go to site for months. I've been taken aback by all the good wishes. So glad I joined you guys.

Thankyou. If my set-up is passable it's all down to the knowledgeable and experienced members on this forum. I started de shaving 45 years ago but I'd been on the cartridge treadmill ever since. Thanks to you guys I enjoy and look forward to shaving again.

Top Bottom