What's new

Newbie from the 'Burg

Hello all. Been a cartridge guy for a while now, I'm 62, tried Harry's and DSC, just ran out of cartridges and was looking at probably picking up a Fusion and I came across a safety razor I'd gotten from Walmart and gave it a shot. I'd had the thing for years but it just seemed like too much trouble before but I tried it again the other day and I liked it! Been watching all of the videos I could find on wet shaving, subscribed to a few subreddits about shaving and came across a link to this site on the 'Tools of Men' website and here I am. I like it so far and think that I will learn a lot here.

My son, I think, broke the brush that came with the Walmart kit so I ordered another from Amazon along with the Feather 'popular' safety razor and I'm looking forward to jumping feet first into the wet shaving pool!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Welcome to B&B Skyrocker, I like synthetic brushes and are easy to maintain.

Welcome
Which burg are you from?
I love the feather popular. It was made for feather blades. Even though it is mild and forgiving razor you might want to start out with a milder blade.

Welcome
Which burg are you from?
I love the feather popular. It was made for feather blades. Even though it is mild and forgiving razor you might want to start out with a milder blade.

Pittsburgh, PA! Born and raised. Watched some of geofatboy's videos and from what he said I thought it might be a good one for me. I just have to be extra careful with it. I'm thinking of getting the Qshave adjustable next, I like the way it looks and is adjustable. I'm looking forward to trying a few different razors to see which one(s) work the best for me.

Welcome to B&B Skyrocker, I like synthetic brushes and are easy to maintain.

Thanks Ron. I ended up getting a badger brush before I read that beginners should go with a synthetic. I think I'm going to have more than one brush so I'll probably get a second one that a synthetic. That way I can try them and see which one I like better. I'm really excited about getting into the wet shaving and learning more about it.

Welcome. It is really fun to try everything but you have time. When you are starting, it's better to stick with the same razor, blade, soap and brush for several weeks. You will make better progress in your skill that way.

Welcome aboard!

Badger is just fine IMO. The main thing is to have fun!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to getting more into it. So much to learn! My wife is calling it my "latest obsession". I've been talking about getting into it for the last week.

Welcome. It is really fun to try everything but you have time. When you are starting, it's better to stick with the same razor, blade, soap and brush for several weeks. You will make better progress in your skill that way.

Good advice, thanks. I just wanted to step up a bit from the Walmart DE razor and my brush was broken (think my son was playing with it, lol) so those are the only things I'm getting so I'll be using those for a while until I get my skill up.

Top Bottom