What's new

Newbie from London, Uk

Hi there,

I'm from Belgium living in London. 28, shaving with a double edge for +- 4 years now. I started with a merkur 21 or 22 (I never known) but I rather the 42.

Concerning my soaps, well I started with the Plisson cream. Nice smell ! Then Tobs Advocado and now Proraso white. My Brush in a Semogue 1502

I'm still looking for the perfect shaving as I never really found the good combination razor/blades. I shave every 4-5 days, my skin is sensitive especially when the hairs grows back. I ordered a Ever Ready 1912 and some blades, wait and see.

well, I think that's it :001_smile

A warm welcome to you, Robi. You are among wise and knowledgeable friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to B&B.

The 1912 is a nice razor I have one around here somewhere, possibly my favourite safety razor.

I find Mitchell's Woolfat, Arko & Palmolive kind to my skin and pretty cost effective.

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have a pretty good selection of hardware and software to get you started. I have been searching for my perfect shave for quite a while too, if I find it I will let you know :thumbup:

Hi, welcome to B&B

Boots and Lloyds sell Palmolive shaving sticks and shaving cream and also sell some other very good shaving products

Thank you guys !

I'll have a look at OSP. Is it like Martin De Candre, hand made soap?

I quite like the Tobs, I might try an other one or a Trumper :)

I'd like to try a Gillette slim as well but haven't found on ebay yet as most of them are from USA and the shipping cost are expensives. Then I think I'd have enough hardware and software to find the good combo :)

Welcome aboard Robi. Sounds like a nice set up you've started. TOBS is just delightful - I enjoy Jermyn, Eton College and St James the most. You might try your luck in antique stores, I've found a few Slims that way and even bought one for $20AUD cased. I sold it and now wish I didn't!

Thank you guys !

I'll have a look at OSP. Is it like Martin De Candre, hand made soap?

I quite like the Tobs, I might try an other one or a Trumper :)

I'd like to try a Gillette slim as well but haven't found on ebay yet as most of them are from USA and the shipping cost are expensives. Then I think I'd have enough hardware and software to find the good combo :)
Welcome, you can also ask our members in the soaps forum

Here

Top Bottom