What's new

Newbie from belfast

hi folks,
Recently took the plunge after suffering years of abuse at the hands of gilette, mach 3, fusion, etc.

Razor burn, sensitivity, i hated shaving.

Took the plunge after speaking to a gentleman in work, went for my starter kit of;

Edwin jagger de89
Proraso shaving soaps green/white
Proraso brush
Feather, personna blades (prefer the feather)

Wow, what a difference!!

Little did i know though that it would create an addiction and endless ogling of razors, creams, soaps etc lol

Just bought the fitjar fjeillheim soap to try, also looking a silvertip badger brush if anyone cares to recommend.

Pearse

Welcome Pearse! Those items that you picked up are all that you will ever really "need", but the fun part is checking out all the other gear and software out there. I have an extensive collection but sometimes just use the stuff that a guy like me would use 100 years ago - a puck of Williams, boar brush, Gillette single ring and a bit of witch hazel. It is like getting into a time machine, and I get a fine shave!

Its so addictive.

Is there much difference in the brushes? Id love a silvertip is there one you would recommend?

Its so addictive.

Is there much difference in the brushes? Id love a silvertip is there one you would recommend?

You bet is addictive. The moment you get your rituals going, there is no stopping.
Silver tips are soft, my personal preference is the next level down (best badger). For my personal preference I like it to be a bit more scratchy. I like how it exfoliates and prepares the face for the shave. I also enjoy silver tips but those are for days that I just need a quick lather job without the extra exfoliation.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

You bet is addictive. The moment you get your rituals going, there is no stopping.
Silver tips are soft, my personal preference is the next level down (best badger). For my personal preference I like it to be a bit more scratchy. I like how it exfoliates and prepares the face for the shave. I also enjoy silver tips but those are for days that I just need a quick lather job without the extra exfoliation.

Exfoliation sounds good, any particular badger you can recommend?

I got the brush set in the US from a company called Rocky Mountain barber on Amazon. But if you look around amazon for best badger shave brush you will find a good range of brushes at reasonable prices. Silver tips are the next level up and a bit more pricy. Don’t get me wrong, they are beautiful and feel super soft but I prefer that little more “scratchiness” you get from the slightly coarser brittles.
My preferred knot size is 24mm but with 20mm if the fibers are tight it does a wonderful job too.

Top Bottom