What's new

Newbie from Australia

Hi all

I am from Perth, Western Australia.

I have used every multi-blade razor and every shave gel, cream and serum to try and get the optimum shave. After a month of contemplation and research I have taken the plunge and decided to take on the Double Edge challenge.

I have ordered the Merkur Futur (was tempted by the Vision but was too intimidated by its size!), a tub of Trumpers Rose and a badger brush from an Australian online store.

I expect my stuff to arrive early next week. I will be back to let you know how I have gone.

I have read a lot (on this forum particularly) and watched all the videos but I am still a bit nervous!

This forum has been a great source of information.

All the best, Paul

Hi Paules and welcome to B&B. Hope you enjoy this place as much as I do.

I would be interested to know the name of the Australian on-line retailer. Can you please post the details or PM me.

Cheers

Jeremy

Welcome to the club!!!!!:a29: You can learn lots from these guys !!!! Oh and the 1 lady..:eek2: Take it slow and easy .....:wheelchair: you'll do fine. I managed:001_cool: FAIRDINKUM DUDE..:shaving: (pardon the spelling if it's wrong)

Hi Paules and welcome to B&B. Hope you enjoy this place as much as I do.

I would be interested to know the name of the Australian on-line retailer. Can you please post the details or PM me.

Cheers

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

The site is artofman.com.au. The range is not great but not bad either. I ordered the Merkur Futur for 80 Australian dollars (around 68 US dollars) which compared well to the Amazon price of 66 US dollars.

I ordered on Thursday and, because I am in the West, delivery is between 2-5 days so I hope to receive early next week.

All the best, Paul

The spelling is correct but the vernacular has been hurt badly.

No offence to our American cousins, but the struggle to retain our identity is becoming more and more difficult.

I must say Buccaneer, I like the usage of the Australian slang terms but I think you will find saying fairdinkum mate or even cobber would be more correct.

By the time we finish with you, people will be mistaking you for an Australian! :w00t:

Sky, any chance of you launching a 'Strine' thread? Or perhaps an introduction to the intricacies and terminology of spin bowling?

Cheers

Jeremy

Top Bottom