What's new

Newbie found a vintage Gillette - what now?

Hey, guys...

I just found this Gillette at a local antique shop for $12.00.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407190651.660223.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407190664.175687.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407190674.125233.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407190685.609111.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407190693.792566.jpg

Can somebody help identify it and tell me how to get it shave-ready?

There is a little bit of green oxidation and soap scum, but really no rust. Also, the head looks a little bent - not too bad, though.

Last edited:
Nice find, especially for $12. How did the cleanup look? Pics or you didn't clean it.

I cleaned it and it came out nice - you wouldn't really notice in before and after photos.

I threw a fresh Personna Lab Blue in there and did a few ATG clean up passes and noticed that it's very, very mild.

I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do with a few days growth.

Recently sold this exact razor to a newbie DE shaver, should be a great starter. Too mild for me now, but you can't go wrong with a Tech

aj

Recently sold this exact razor to a newbie DE shaver, should be a great starter. Too mild for me now, but you can't go wrong with a Tech

aj

Thanks, dude. Any blade recommendations for it? I have a fresh Personna Lab Blue loaded in it and those are the only blades I've used so far...

I also have Derbys, Dorcos, Personna Israelis and Astras at home.

Great looking Tech. After more than five decades of shaving, my Techs are my daily DE razors. Enjoy it.

I shaved with the Tech last night and it was amazing! No nicks, no irritation and it cut like butter.

ATG passes didn't scare me.

My EJ DE89LBL is going to sit on the shelf for a little while...

Top Bottom